PDA

View Full Version : Mainland UK to Jersey - Help Please.....

TenAndie
20th Jun 2006, 13:06
Hi guys, need a bit of help please.....

Im flying into Jersey from Coventry this weekend and have been told so many different procedures i need to follow im not sure which is true.

I understand that i need to contact Special Branch 48 hours prior to departure, but cant find the number anywhere. Also, somebody has told me that i need to fill a Gen Dec from prior to departure and a green card has also been mentioned.

If anyone can clarify what i need to do it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers :ok:

Mark 1
20th Jun 2006, 13:19
If you're going from Coventry, then police and customs are on site, so no prior notice required.
No immigration checks needed for CI either (common travel area).
I assume you are an EC passport holder, if not, then you'd best check with Immigration.

The GAR is mainly needed for flying from non-designated airfields.
See http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/downloadFile?contentID=HMCE_PROD_009149

FullyFlapped
20th Jun 2006, 13:26
And also have a look at this : http://www.jerseyaeroclub.com/files/visitingpilots.pdf

FF :ok:

Maxflyer
20th Jun 2006, 15:05
...and a flight plan.

Skypartners
20th Jun 2006, 22:26
You can fax your flightplan and Gen Dec to Coventry Tower on 024 7630 8639 and they will file everything for you. When you land at Jersey you will be handled by the Aero Club, located at the 27 end of the Alpha taxyway. Landing fee is £12 with a £10 handling fee (called an admin fee). For that you get parking too and they can get you fuelled while you are away. If you are there for the day I recommend you get the bus from the terminal into town (terminal is a 10-15 minute stroll from the Aero club). If you want a taxi walk to the rank outside the terminal as the ones used by the Aero club are much more expensive. For hire cars I recomend Europcar. Prebook on the internet to save 10%. Go with enough fuel for the trip plus diverts as Avgas in Jersey is VAT and duty free (ABOUT 83P A LITRE). You can buy duty free gifts through the Aero Club and I suggest yoiu order as soon as you land. DF prices are much cheaper than in town but you should note that the allowances are as per the old duty free as the CI are not in Europe. You might get inspected on arrival back at CVT so not worth risking exceeding allowances. Hope this has helped - have fun.

TenAndie
21st Jun 2006, 23:24
Thanks for the help everyone

:ok:

Flying Boat
22nd Jun 2006, 09:46
TA

If you want any further advice about flying EGBE to EGJJ I would suggest talking to Skypartners on the south of the airport in the terminal, he has done it many times.

If you are near Atlantic you could talk to Mike Collett because this is his regular commute.

Also you could call James Evans the CFI of the Jersey Aeroclub, also done it a few times.
01534 743990 (Flying Room)

If the VAT rules are still the same and you are flying your own aircraft or claim back money spent on fuel, you should keep a record of your fuel carried before leaving as you can claim the VAT back on that too.
Skypartners taught me that.

When over the pond (flying south), don't forget to call 'Jersey Zone' before reaching 50N. Also telephone Plymouth Military before departure to check if the danger areas are active.

Enjoy the trip, it's a nice one.

FB:ok: