PDA

View Full Version : ALTP Frozen

abumaria
20th Jun 2006, 12:47
Can someone advice where can I do frozen ALTP with reasonable price. I am UK based but holding FAA Licence from Texas.

helicopter-redeye
20th Jun 2006, 15:17
Does tha mean the exams lad, or t'flying bit?

h-r;)

abumaria
21st Jun 2006, 13:16
I need to know how can be eligible to fly in the UK, as I am holding FAA Commercial Pilot Licence. Wher can I do my conversion?
Thank you

Does tha mean the exams lad, or t'flying bit?

h-r;)

helicopter-redeye
21st Jun 2006, 13:34
I have a friend who converted a FAA CPL(H) to a JAR CPL(H). Must be the same for CPL (A) as well?

He completed the ground school exams (he did the ATPL but equally if you want to convert to CPL only then you could take the CPL exams) and then took the CPL course and finally the JAR CPL Flight Test.

I recall he did not have to fly all 30hrs of the CPL course but did a minimum amount to achieve a pass in the flight test.

The ground school exams are a requirement. Various providers, all about the same cost including in alphabetical order, Bristol Ground School, Cabair CCAT, Glasgow College, Ground Training Services GTS, Oxford Aviation Training.

Section A6 of the publication "LASORS" on the CAA webside gives full details of the many and varied complex procedures to be followed.

I think you can fly N reg aircraft on your FAA license in the UK??

I think you can fly privately (ie no payment) on the FAA license subject to a validation by the CAA.

Checkout LASORS for all details.

h-r;)