PDA

View Full Version : Darn log books

proptastic
19th Jun 2006, 10:59
I've just found another error in my logbook which dates back ages. I have seen a computerised 'log book calc' in the past, does anyone have a copy of this as it would really help.

cheers

Lowkey
19th Jun 2006, 13:15
pm me and I will send you a copy of the logbook program I use

Lowkey

Yellow Sun
19th Jun 2006, 17:54
Have a look at THIS (http://www.rosterlog.com)
YS

Zoom
19th Jun 2006, 18:10
Heaven's sake, Yellow, he only wanted to fly the aeroplane, not build the bl**dy thing!!!!

buoy15
19th Jun 2006, 19:30
What a load of B*llocks!
Off blocks to On blocks = flight time 1hr 10mins - what about the 20 min taxi and time spent hanging around at the holding point whilst Air Tragic sort out your clearance?
Flight time is from rotation to touchdown for a full stop landing, rounded up or down to the nearest 5 mins
As an aside, I always tried to impress my students when they asked how many hours I had ammassed
"15,000" I replied
"Wow, that's amazing"
"Yes", I said "8,000 on type, 7,000 waiting for MT":rolleyes:

airborne_artist
19th Jun 2006, 19:49
Heaven's sake, Yellow, he only wanted to fly the aeroplane, not build the bl**dy thing!!!!

I believe there is also an adult version which allows Nigel to enter details for his activities when at his LH layover. :}

proptastic
19th Jun 2006, 20:55
[quote=Zoom]Heaven's sake, Yellow, he only wanted to fly the aeroplane, quote]

Yeah if you've got any tips on that flying thing that'd be pretty good too!

Blacksheep
20th Jun 2006, 02:38
Tech Records check the Tech Log hours religiously. That's after the pilots have entered them and the Line engineers have checked them. They still find mistakes. They're inevitable. The thing to do is note the error on the current page and file the correction.

Hours and Minutes calculators are commercially available, or you can write your own auto-calculating log book in a spreadsheet fairly easily. I don't believe that any pilot would be unable to manage such a simple spreadsheet.

A2QFI
20th Jun 2006, 06:06
I once worked for an Air Force which decided to simplify(?) things by logging flights in sub-units of 3 and 6 minutes, meaning that hours could be decimalised and added on a conventional calculator. It was only a trial and it was dropped after a few months although I can't remember just why.

miles offtarget
20th Jun 2006, 09:06
Try www.logbookpro.com. I have been using it for three or four years, and it's superb. Although it's a bit American in places, the user can customise almost everything so it would be ideal for the military.

I use it for both the C208 and my day job on the 737 and it's sufficiently flexible to do most things. The printed reports can be in standard Jeppessen format, or customised spreadsheet (to replicate the RAF logbook if you wish), and the CAA accept it on disc.

Cheers.

MoT

teeteringhead
20th Jun 2006, 09:35
"Decimal" Hours I think the Hairy Arm Corps (UK) still do that ...

... and IIRC (been a while since I had to sign an Army logbook) they also had 28 day "Stats Periods" rather than months, so now we'd be in 7/06 rather than .... er June!

I think they still used the same years as the rest of us.....

MoateAir
20th Jun 2006, 10:39
Do you want an installed version (possibly lose the data), or an online version? I use the following as a backup to my logbook, and it is very straightforward, but has more than sufficient detail.

http://www.ukga.com/logbook/form.cfm?id=F1034756-F1F6-A9AF-60D7BADD487105FE

Stuff
20th Jun 2006, 12:50
You can't beat Smorf's log book calc!

The rythmic beep beep beep of it adding hours and minutes! Ah... the end of month joy!

Should be able to get a copy from someone (sadly not got one to hand)

vecvechookattack
6th Jul 2006, 22:29
Would it not be simpler to use an Excel spreadsheet ?....

Bo Nalls
7th Jul 2006, 05:38
Try this (http://www.zdnet.com.au/downloads/0,39024478,39051731s,00.htm) :)

Barkly1992
7th Jul 2006, 11:02
I had the same problem - designed my own very swish Excel log book and then decide the easiest way to fix the mistakes was Whiteout and rounding UP.

:p