PDA

View Full Version : GB airways cum BA Connect

Landmark
18th Jun 2006, 09:45
I booked a flight (EGCC - LCPH) in January with GB airways,flying in September. I have just learned that the Manchester GB airways operation is now part of the BA Connect set up and as such I am required to buy food/drinks etc onboard. When I booked it was on the basis that I was fed and watered by BA.The website does say that BA will be in touch with all pax already booked.
Does anybody know what I'm going to be told - am I likley to receive some recompense/meal voucher or I am going to be told tough luck but you're paying now.
Thank all.:confused:

Turroncin
18th Jun 2006, 10:56
You won't get anything unless you booked in CE. People who were expecting spicy chicken with spicy salad and spicky pretzels with spicy chocolate mousse and spicy champagne (have you seen the food on offer in CE recently?) will be offered either a different flight out of London, a refund of the ticket or a refund of the ticket price difference between CE and EasyGB.

Trashytravellers will alas have to encompass the spin and realise how lucky they are to be experiencing this new concept in 21st century travel. Or something like that. To be honest I'd prefer to buy some nice food before the flight and eat it on onboard than suffer hot meals on a plane. :yuk:

radeng
18th Jun 2006, 13:54
I stopped flying BA Connect from Bristol when they abandoned Club Class. Pity, 'cos the breakfasts were better than the Club World breakfasts on intercontinental flights.

bmibaby.com
18th Jun 2006, 14:14
I stopped flying BA Connect from Bristol when they abandoned Club Class. Pity, 'cos the breakfasts were better than the Club World breakfasts on intercontinental flights.

Not wishing to be rude, but having experienced the BA Connect product myself, I have to say that abandoning British Airways because there is no longer a Club Europe offering is a bit pathetic. My experience with BA Connect can simply be boiled down as this - everything you would expect from classic British Airways (smart, leather seats - well presented & friendly cabin crew - Executive Club points) but just no Club Euopre & buy-on-board offering. I have to say the all-day breakfast that is offered far surpassed the "all day deli" that used to be provided ex-BHX.

marlowe
18th Jun 2006, 18:29
Positive feedback about BACON what the hecks going on? dont you people know its ilegal to say anything good about a BA product on here!!!!!!

radeng
19th Jun 2006, 07:07
bmibaby,
There is another minor point. For me, Bristol is rather more difficult to get to than Heathrow. Bristol to Paris had the advantage of being a slightly longer flight, so the meal wasn't as rushed. No Club Class means you don't get as many points on the Exec. Club card, too. So why should I have more hassle?

Railgun
19th Jun 2006, 12:52
bmibaby,
There is another minor point. For me, Bristol is rather more difficult to get to than Heathrow. Bristol to Paris had the advantage of being a slightly longer flight, so the meal wasn't as rushed. No Club Class means you don't get as many points on the Exec. Club card, too. So why should I have more hassle?

Sorry but on a BA connect plus fair you get plenty points.

galanjal
19th Jun 2006, 15:17
Sorry but on a BA connect plus fair you get plenty points.
so wish people would learn to spell and not make the rest of us look like the thick idiots a lot of pax think we are! comment meant nicely obviously x