PDA

View Full Version : Should I stay or should I go?

MrBrz
17th Jun 2006, 23:40
I was offered a second interview as a DEFO and I am reluctant to accept it. I fly for a major US carrier and can hold the left seat on our narrow bodies. I am a bit concerned about the talk about pay cuts and hiring directly into the pax side. I asked about this at the interview and they said that the pay was to high on the pax side and not to low on the freight side (I didn't push the issue). They also said that this would delay my ability to get to HKG significantly. HKG was one of the big reasons I considered CX. I was wondering if anyone at CX had input about this? Or knows what the latest is?

Thanks

Five Green
22nd Jun 2006, 12:55
errr is this a wind up ?

If not consider this. Command is less likely here than there. The failure rate is one of the highest in the airline industry. The transfer to pax is not guarenteed right on the 3 years 6 mos. Could be longer. With expansion the US bases probably will not fill but if they start hiring DEFO pax to the US then who knows.

However if it is your second interview go and then decide later. Plus you get a free trip to Hong Kong wahooo ! You can then ask about these things at the interview.

Good Luck

SCADTA
22nd Jun 2006, 14:55
i would not leave US...many reasons...read all the posts...the company does whatever it wants with us and then we have to smile and say thank you..

OBNO
22nd Jun 2006, 23:45
Go do the interview. They may even make up their mind for you. You only have to make a decision if you are offered a job. After a week in HK you will also be far better place to make that decision.

The interviewers are also very good at detecting if the applicant is fully commited to working for CX.