PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a job and have a Canadian Licence?

YYZ_Instructor
17th Jun 2006, 20:30
Now is the time to apply to Canada!
Desperate for pilots...definate turbo prop time if you have 500Multi PIC!
Just a bit of info for those with the ability. :ok:

YYZ_Instructor

winch launch
18th Jun 2006, 08:18
hey,

I have 500 hours, 100 of them being on a cessna caravan.
What are my chances of finding a job on SE turboprop with low hours like that?
How much does it cost to convert my JAA licences into canadian?
Don' t they give priority to canadian nationals frst?
Is it hard to get a visa to work there?

Sorry about all the questions but I always thought it s very hard to find job up there but would love it really

Winch

INSIDEVIEW
18th Jun 2006, 13:03
is there any chance actually for europeans to work in canada?

YYZ_Instructor
18th Jun 2006, 17:37
Hi Winch Launch and Inside View,
I am a dual national so I have found it quite easy as I started with a Canadian Licence. The flying over here is completely different as the hours and mileage you get are massive. The pay might look a bit low but most companies pay for you while you wait on the ground on top of your base pay and you usually get paid per mile as well. :ok:
There is a chance of getting a Visa to work here for a year from the Canadian Embassy in London as my girlfriend just got a visa to work for a year for a small fee (BUNAC VISA). You have to call them to find out, but u must have a British Passport....not any other European Passport.
The cost for converting to a Canadian CPL is approximately $5000 or less depending on your experience. Transport Canada can answer that for you at www.tc.gc.ca under aviation.
With 100 hours on a Caravan will gurantee you a job on a caravan for sure at this point in time :D ...they are really desperate for pilots. Some companies up north are offering cash incentives for moving here.
Canadian Nationals? NO! They just want you to have some time with experience on type or 500Multi PIC for Navajo or Kingair positions.
All info for visa is through Canadian Embassy or BUNAC (www.bunac.co.uk)
might be dependant on age...can't remeber exactly.
If you require any additional help message me. :confused:
YYZ_Instructor