PDA

View Full Version : AIP for Officers

Big Bear
16th Jun 2006, 15:41
All, please forgive me if this is a stupid question, however I have been at Shrivenham Polytechnic for the last few months and don't always get to hear what is happening in the 'real world'.

Having finally received my pay statement for Apr (I don't have online access to JPA yet) I have noticed that annotated in the Payroll Information box is AIP Available 2. I was under the impression that although it was recommended under Pay 2000 that officers should have AIPs, they were not yet available. Has the situation changed recently and are all ranks now eligable for AIPs ?

Bear

Down 4 Reprogram
16th Jun 2006, 16:53
BB,

Not a silly question at all - I saw the same on my pay statement and wondered the same. They have made so many changes with JPA that I thought they might have slipped this on in unannounced as well.

However, I had a read through the intranet online version of the new Pay JSP (753 if my memory doesn't fail me), and it was very specific that officers don't get AIPs only SNCO downward.

Perhaps JPA is a little ahead of the game for once:} and it has been given AIPs so that the software doesn't need to be amended when the AFPRB/MOD finally agree to them.

If anyone knows any different I would be very interested as it would mean a reasonable pay rise:)

D4R

circle kay
16th Jun 2006, 20:27
BB & D4R,

Guys this may come as a shock. :) Apparently JPA has got it wrong, but at least it’s an equal opportunity f:mad: k up... the number of AIPs is wrong on most of the working class pay slips too

cazatou
16th Jun 2006, 20:44
Nice to know that things don't change.

Some of the amendments to the 1971 pay review arrived by signal before the document itself arrived by signal.

FJJP
16th Jun 2006, 21:43
Sorry guys, I've been out for a year or two - what's an AIP?

Down 4 Reprogram
16th Jun 2006, 22:02
AIP = Advanced Incremental Progression (or words to that effect)

Great management speak really:)

Allows you to jump a couple of rungs up the pay ladder as a pay back for gaining some useful qualifications, e.g. get qual x and be paid as a Level 6 Sgt instead of a Level 5 Sgt - so worth up to about £1000 a year per level (depending on rank/seniority etc).

Now if they let me loose on AIP taken together with PA Spine:}

D4R