PDA

View Full Version : Cool Robby

platinumpure
15th Jun 2006, 20:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkwHlR-9eTY&mode=suggested&search=

Has anyone ever seen a Robby actually look cool or do anything that looks cool?

Racking my brains, but can't think of anything.

Must be a limitation in the POH.

vaqueroaero
16th Jun 2006, 02:00
Not quite as cool as the start sequence in Deadly Encounter, but close! Is the title and music a warning? (just kidding.........)

22clipper
16th Jun 2006, 02:35
Like the 4 point safety harness & the push-to-start on the cyclic but that paint job had me reachin' for my sunnies!

rotorspin
16th Jun 2006, 06:37
oh......my...........:yuk:

McGowan
17th Jun 2006, 00:56
Typical of the rubbish you see on TV and in movies these days. Lots of faults, surprised that there wasn't a turbine engine sound with it......
I don't fly robbies much these days so am out of touch with the correct start proceedure but, didn't know you engaged the clutch before engine start!!!!!!
Do like the push button start on the cyclic even though this person used his left hand to do it.

HELOFAN
17th Jun 2006, 01:52
Damn you Kenny Loggins !!

Damn You !!
:suspect:
Folks that song is only good in Top gun & lets face it , it was sad then.... I am not sure that a multi technicolor yawn painted R44 is gonna big up the song or be big upped by it !

:=
Lets put that in the "Lets Not " Basket... OK!!

HF

22clipper
17th Jun 2006, 11:39
Hey TM, I'll be up for a 50 hrly next Thursday. You around for lunch or will you be out & about in that 407?

bellfest
17th Jun 2006, 12:45
I really liked the fact that he took the time to demonstrate his poor handling ability in the back yard before he went out on his run:D :yuk: .
That max power take off straight over the house was another great insight into his sensibility:ugh:
People wonder why so many Robinsons crash

topendtorque
17th Jun 2006, 12:49
Bellfest

well said

vaqueroaero
17th Jun 2006, 15:13
Also just noticed that when he closes the door he is next to a huge pile of boxes......in the hangar........:yuk:

HELOFAN
17th Jun 2006, 15:19
Yeah, I didnt want to bag the rest of it but , seeing as you mentioned it , why would you take the wheels off , close the door & then still be in the garage very close to the wall?

Maybe the guy has a sence of humor and isn't serious about this video.... or his R44 !!

Ahh if only .

:confused:

Barndweller
18th Jun 2006, 10:54
Belifest - My thoughts exactly. What do you think? Private owner with less than three hundred hours and major accident before he reaches five hundred??? Wonder if the insurance company that covers his house has seen that video???

topendtorque
18th Jun 2006, 11:51
not to mention his helicopter insurance broker?

Shouldn't be too hard to find out who is underwriting it - for someone a bit closer - after all there aren't many underwriters in the game and a quick jerk here might save us all just a bit in the long term.

cptjim
18th Jun 2006, 13:49
Just checked out the tail number and came up with this....

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNumSQL.asp?verified=1&NNumbertxt=100ee

Cert terminated??

No comment on the rest......:oh:

Barndweller
18th Jun 2006, 14:43
Certificate terminated...?

Could that be because he's wrecked it? Not sure what was scarier about that video - The guys very "average" flying or the fact that he thought it was so cool! We've seen it time and time again. I just hope no-one got hurt when the certificate was "terminated"