PDA

View Full Version : AIRBUS AND BOEING

Hamil000
14th Jun 2006, 03:13
Why is it that type rating of an Airbus is much more expensive than TR of a Boeing, and why does the Airbus have a soft landing than a Boeing, if Airbus is taking up the mark would one day in like 50 years Airbus and Boeing work together

Please do comment.

[edited by WWW to include capitalization, grammar and the removal of txt speak - but it still makes little sense]

BitMoreRightRudder
14th Jun 2006, 10:56
It's because airbus have fitted carpet to the wheels on all their A/C. Result is the softer landing. Obviously carpet is expensive (good quality carpet of course) so the cost to the manufacturer is absorbed by customers and as a result the TR is more expensive these days.

I hear Boeing are attempting something similar only with bubble-wrap, however the trials in the US have been hampered as the baggage handlers keep popping the bubbles on turn arounds:}

Mercenary Pilot
14th Jun 2006, 11:28
The Airbus has an advanced computer which instructs the crew how to best land the plane.

Its called the Talking Crew Runway Alignment Programme. Its a very clever system so its more expensive to train the pilots how to use it.

:ok:

Hamil000
14th Jun 2006, 14:42
THANK GUYS

Whale Rider
14th Jun 2006, 15:20
Why is it that type rating of an Airbus is much more expensive than TR of a Boeing, and why does the Airbus have a soft landing than a Boeing, if Airbus is taking up the mark would one day in like 50 years Airbus and Boeing work together

Please do comment.

[edited by WWW to include capitalization, grammar and the removal of txt speak - but it still makes little sense]

Airbus isn't taking up anything but debt. Airbus has suffer major blows to the A350 and A380 along with all of its other models. [Don't you read the news???] No, in 50 years Boeing will celebrating its 150th Annversary.

Flying Dispatcher
18th Jun 2006, 17:52
I am sure that you would change your mind on the 'softer landing' issue if you flew with me!!!!!:p :p :p