PDA

View Full Version : Where apply with A320 rating?

DoPilot
13th Jun 2006, 18:16
Hello folks!

Where can I apply with a fresh Airbus A320 type-rating (JAA) but with low hours, 350 total? Any ideas?

STORMER
13th Jun 2006, 18:22
Monarch are looking for people at the moment.

ICING AOA
13th Jun 2006, 20:28
heard that inter airlines takes on people with the A320 rating with no hours.
good luck.

DoPilot
13th Jun 2006, 20:59
Thanks alot for the answers, I applied at both. Anyone who knows something about WIZZAIR?

Skintman
14th Jun 2006, 12:40
Why not give BMI a call. Theve taken a few on recently

michaelknight
14th Jun 2006, 19:53
Try eirjet www.eirjet.com

Localiser Green
14th Jun 2006, 20:00
BMED are recruiting A320 pilots:

http://www.flybmed.com/recruitment.php?article=51

500 hours on type is an advantage, but still worth sending your CV.

CALA
15th Jun 2006, 09:19
Hi DoPilot,I'm in your same situation.From my experience:

EIRJET and INTER : no chance for A320 type rated wtih no hours on type.:}
WIZZAIR: they are full of request to accept no hours on type:}
MONARCH and BMED: just applied,waiting answers:confused:

ciao

dartagnan
16th Jun 2006, 17:30
I have applied with a company, I have no hours on the a320, and they will train me and give me a job...

I am sorry guys, but if you pay yourself your training, you do not interess anybody.(and you have not been trained for a specific airline)

the best way to get a job, is to have enough money, not a type rating!I have the money to pay my training and this is why they offer me the job.

CALA
16th Jun 2006, 21:05
Sorry Dartagnan,
but with my A320 and no hours, I contact (I think) every Companies in the world explaining my situation and offer my self to pay to pay a line training but NO ONE Company accept to SELL ME the training.
I know that to train a fresh A320 pilot the Company need to pay the instructor(Cpt) and a F/O that seat on jumpseat but the strange is that I will pay the instructor!!!!
Normal price requested to is from 10000 to 15000 euros,(about 40 sectors) but now nobody can train me.This is Amazing I think.

So if anyone know who I can contact to get my training please reply a post.
ciao

PicMas
16th Jun 2006, 21:45
Who else thinks this is getting a bit pathetic?

Why not jut pay them for flying 4,000hrs, then maybe you can land a job as captain?!?
Seems quite an expensive hobby you have chosen!

Don Corleone
17th Jun 2006, 14:38
Yes, paying for your typerating is one, but paying for your line training is realy a bridge to far I think :=

Pander216
17th Jun 2006, 15:47
... I contact (I think) every Companies in the world explaining my situation and offer my self to pay to pay a line training...

Jezus Christ this is just too pathetic; do you want an airline to hire you because the think you are a great pilot and their operation can't be run without you, or do you want them to hire you because they feel sorry for you and you bring them loads of money????

One year ago the whole situation was different but now airlines a screaming for pilots! Even EZY has to cancel fligths deu to pilot shortage!

My advise: Onur Air or Inter. But these airlines don't give a sh*t about a letter or phonecall. They want you to visit the office and show your face, that's how it is done in Turkey! For Atlas Blue in Morrocco aplies the same thing.

And these are jobs where you dont have to pay for linetraining but get a normal salary and you are being hired for your qualifications as a pilot and not because they will earn money on you!

RMP2
17th Jun 2006, 16:15
I am just back from Turkey (Antalya and Istanbul). Was lucky to talk and have a tea with the Chiefs pilot and/or DFOs.

THEY ALL OFFERED ME LINE TRAINING ON THE A320. 500 hrs=32500$us

Even if I am ready (as I have the money), they are full at the moment for the summer season, most of them (except Inter) have 5-7 guys doing line training and they won't finish before 4-5 months. Chief pilot was clear: they do not keep foreign pilots at the end of the line training.

When I went to Inter's office, I talked to the DFO: there were 2 other guys like me, exactly the same experience (400 hrs TT + rating):\
One of them was a friend of one of their pilot, sure he got the job....

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mooneyboy
17th Jun 2006, 16:21
Dopilot could you tell us where you got your A320 type rating?

I understand if you don't want to say.

Haven't the company who you did the type rating with found you any positions or leads into airlines?

Mooneyboy

CALA
17th Jun 2006, 16:29
Pander216,
that you wright is correct in concept, but is not the appicable now.
What do you think that I'm Bill Gates and i love to spend my money to get a training or that i'm a normal guy (without lot of money) that WANT FLY.
What I have to do?? to pay lots of tickets and go to have a talk with the training post holder only to see face a face, when they by phone tell me that I don't have chance without hours on type??? This is because I request to pay my line training,only to work after.(because a friend of mine with 70hours on A320 was requested to work with Inter airlines, and I not.)
But sorry, you are pathetic because it seem that you don't have the faintest idea about the pilot market of 2006.
Please tell us in this forum how you get your place on Airbus, thanks, and suggest where apply to have a A320 job like the topic request.
Ciao

Pander216
17th Jun 2006, 17:03
..I am just back from Turkey (Antalya and Istanbul). Was lucky to talk and have a tea with the Chiefs pilot and/or DFOs.

THEY ALL OFFERED ME LINE TRAINING ON THE A320. 500 hrs=32500$us...

This is due to the fact that everyone who bought themselves a typerating offers to pay for the job in stead of applying for a payed job!

@ CALA: I bought myself the A320 rating with Intercockpit when the market was still very bad 1,5 years ago. I did a lot of research and found out NIKI and Air Berlin bought 70 A320's. Also NIKI takes all of her F/O's from Intercockpit and you do the typerating with NIKI/Air berlin SOPS... Also Niki head of Training is a boardmember of Intercockpit.

I aplied with NIKI just before I started my rating and had numereous phonecalls with the Head Of Training. I did the simulatorcheck with him and 2 weeks later I got a phonecall if I wanted to come by to discuss my employment with NIKI.

I know at least 5 other guys who did the same and ended with NIKI or Air Berlin ALL WITHOUT PAYING A DIME TO NIKI OR AIR BERLIN!!! I even got the tickets to come to Vienna for my ''interview''!

At the end of the story I do not have to pay back a cent of my typerating if I want to leave because the other pilots have a bond of 3 years. If they leave within 3 years they have to pay 60% more than the price I paid for my rating.

I have applied with alsmost every airline flying the A319/320 or 321 from South Amerika to Asia, but not once have I offered paying for linetraining!

Now I almost have 800 hours A320/321 and allready have had a lot of other joboffers from EZY to Air Vietnam...

That is my story!

@ DoPILOT: May I ask where you have been flying before and why you not anymore? Star XL based in Frankfurt is looking for F/O's. I guess 350 hours will be enough. Else try Air Berlin, they are stil craving for A320 F/O's with hours on type!