PDA

View Full Version : Cosford Air Show....

DKP1
12th Jun 2006, 09:36
Anyone see it? display at it? Work the weekend?

Comments please.......

I thought the Chinook was superb!

nigegilb
12th Jun 2006, 09:51
Superb day out.. Saw the Tornado display from the car in a queue to get in. Scared the s**t out of everyone waiting to get in. Fully swept, just subsonic, kin low. Absolutely superb. First time I have seen Typhoon display. Very very impressive. Airsound did the commentary, many people commented on how good/funny/knowledgeable he was. Missed the chinner and the reds, saw the spits, absolutely lovely.

Thought Steve Noujaim (Sp)"extreme" display was a bit special.

top day out.

Winco
12th Jun 2006, 11:38
Gentlemen,

I've just got back home from attending the Cosford Airshow with my Grand children. The show was Ok, but nothing special except that Chinook - wow, stole the show for me.
Anyway, whilst I was there, the kids came back with bags and bags of freebies from the RAF, AAC and RN - and I thank you all, it made their days!

My question is this however.......

I know that when I left, things were getting pretty bad, no money for this and that - infact frankly, there was no money for anything. I just wondered why it is therefore , in this day and age of tightening purse strings and budgets etc, that all three services can afford to effectively 'waste' vast sums of money on 'gizzits' ??

People are being made redundant and recruitment is at an all-time low I am assured, so why all the PR marketing with all the costs involved?

I'm not knocking it. On the contrary, its great for the kids (and Mums and Dads!) but is it absolutely necessary when we don't have enough money for front line equipment? And what do you guys at the front end think to it all? I look forward to your comments, thank you.

The Winco
PS, thanks once again to the Chinook crew - just magnificent!

Low Ball
12th Jun 2006, 12:13
Winco,

In a word 'SPONSORSHIP'.

Low Ball

breakscrew
12th Jun 2006, 12:15
The new Blue Eagles display is superb. well done the Army! :ok:

dinoorin
12th Jun 2006, 14:47
Great day was had by all.
Typhoon - near to the good old 'frightening' days of set off car alarms:D
Blue Eagles - top new display
GR4 - low and V noisy :ok:
Chinook - V V good.:ok: :ok: And to top it off, one of the most approachable display crews I have met in a while. Thanks for letting our staff cadets invade your cab on the Saturday.
That said I beleive the GR4 and Hawk drivers where also up for fun at the BBQ, nice to see the fast jet boys being human to us lesser pilots.
Nice job to one and all.

Lost & Filed
12th Jun 2006, 20:43
Unfortunately I was working that day, but did manage to get some time in to get some photos. Was very impressed with the Typhoon, Chinook & Red Arrows. Saw the Typhoon for the first time in flight at last years show and was impressed with it then. Unfortunately cannot post attachments otherwise I'd put some on that I took, especially of the chinook & red arrows - oh well never mind - sorry guys :* Overall I thought it was a good day (the little of it that I saw LOL) but have heard the odd comment here and there that it wasn't as good as last years. I would tend to disagree with that.

DKP1
14th Jun 2006, 09:45
at the risk of getting in trouble

"bump"