PDA

View Full Version : June phase 2 exams

MikeAlphaBravo
12th Jun 2006, 08:54
Did anyone else who has just sat the ATPL exams feel a little shafted by the JAR? I had several questions where the correct(I think!) answer did not appear in the answers(and the available answers were equal either side) and several questions which I had never heard of!(Cumulus Congestus anyone?) Apart from ALW, it seemed to be the general opinion of the students that the exams were harsh to say the least. I am a little concerned as I am due to start flight training on 26th June, have given up work, and am by no means 100% confident that I have passed all the exams. Fingers, toes and everything else crossed! :ugh: Just two weeks of nail biting now till the results are published!
Good luck to all,
MAB

potkettleblack
12th Jun 2006, 09:09
Did you use the Bristol ATP question bank at all? Like you I had never come across cumulus congestus in my schools notes but fortunately saw it when doing mocks using the ATP question bank.

MikeAlphaBravo
12th Jun 2006, 09:15
No, just used OAT feedback, and what I thought was a good understanding of the subjects in general. I used the OAT met cd also, and no mention of said cloud type there either! Think I guessed right though! Had no problems with phase one, but I think they are introducing questions from the new learning objectives already, hence CuCong! Did you also find that calculated answers were not in the answers? FP or GNav I think?

littco
12th Jun 2006, 10:39
MikeAlphaBravo:

Having just completed 8 exams in june and studied through Bristol I have to say there was nothing new in those exams that I haven't seen in the Bristol feedback or their online question bank. Having said that the Cumulous congestous was a nasty one, but knowing now that it is in the Bristol bank I only really have myself to blame for not knowing.

As for the calculated answers not matching the answers, well, sorry but that is the way it is! Something we learnt at bristol and during the studying was that most of the time the answers aren't exact but are pretty near, a pain a I know but just soemthing you have to accept. I know you've studied OAT but most if not all of the questions for Flight Planning and GenNav have all turned up in some form on the feed back.

Good luck with the Met exmas, The wait for the results is a painful one, why in this day and age they can't mark them there and then I have no idea!