PDA

View Full Version : Aussie pilot wanting to work overseas

starflex3
11th Jun 2006, 10:31
Can somebody help me please.
I am a Australian Commercial Helicopter pilot with just on 1000 helicopter hrs, and just over 30 and wanting to work overseas.
Willing to look just about anywhere, does anybody have any ideas.
Thanks in advance.

mustering guru
11th Jun 2006, 17:21
Get you canada work holliday visa you can find it online you have until your 31 so dont muck about! Lots of work over there. It will take a few weeks tops and then you do your conversion and medical then you can bags and bags of money!

JayBee007
11th Jun 2006, 19:50
I hear that the companies in Papua New Guinea are looking for pilots. Not sure what the minimums and experience required are, but that would only a phone call away.
cheers and good luck,
JB

lukas
12th Jun 2006, 11:51
forget PNG. min 3500 hrs , and lots of long line and mountain time.:ugh:

BaronG
12th Jun 2006, 12:17
I'm English, done the JAA frozen ATP stuff and have about 1000hrs TT.

My wife's relatives live in Spain so I looked at that a little bit. However, they want people who speak Spanish (customer insteraction I guess) and of course the usual knowing someone who knows someone etc.

I guess if you can speak Spanish reasonably well, you can give them a call.

One company I know of is Helisureste - http://www.helisureste.com/ - They run some charters amongst other things.

But you'll have to get those bloody JAA exams done followed by a flight test - budget on 6 months and around 5000 UKP for distance learning... :(

BG

Heli-Jet
12th Jun 2006, 14:21
Checkout www.chc.ca (http://www.chc.ca) they are always looking for guys

wde
13th Jun 2006, 02:21
CHL EMS in Ontario Canada is looking for pilots. PM me for details.

Walter

Big Foot
14th Jun 2006, 02:28
Is Canada still a good option if you are 33 and cant get the work visa, do companys still sponser overseas pilots for a work permit?

mustering guru
14th Jun 2006, 02:33
canada is a great option depending on your experiance and hrs. I know of 4 blokes recently that had to wait about 4 weeks to get there visas but they did get them. If you stick to the bigger companies you will be fine. The season is under way though so you wouldnt want to wait much longer. Becarefull how you go through customs as well the will grill you...dont carry a helmet or anyflying info post it through from OZ to a heli scholl where you do a conversion.

Cheers.

MG

Big Foot
14th Jun 2006, 03:00
Mustering Guru
Have about 2500 hours of mustering and charter work would probably look at going early next year as fairly committed to this season in Aus. What is the best month to be there jobwise? How is the mustering time looked upon? Do you need to get a turbine rating before you go or do most companys put you though one?
Cheers.

mustering guru
14th Jun 2006, 03:40
Dont worry about doing a turbine endorsement feb/mar best time to arrive. PM me your deatis and I can point you in the right direction.