PDA

View Full Version : FI course preparation

The Nr Fairy
10th Jun 2006, 20:03
I may well be doing my FI(H) course in the next few months. I'd like to get some advice about how to prepare.
First, what sort of stuff do I need to bone up on beforehand to ensure time in the classroom and in the air isn't wasted ? How did you prepare, and what would you have done differently ?
Secondly - this is aimed more at the people running the courses. What do you think a student should do to maximise the chances of passing the test and getting the most learning out of the course ? And what should the student make sure he/she gets best value out of the instructor ?

MightyGem
11th Jun 2006, 03:43
I think either Whirlygirl or Whirlybird did a diary/thread while she was doing her FI course a few years ago, which maybe of some help. I've done a search without success, but it must be out there somewhere.

The Nr Fairy
11th Jun 2006, 04:58
That would have been Whirlybird - I forgot about the thread. Ta.

BTW, the diary starts in and old thread, here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=145183) - starts post 66.

Whirlybird
11th Jun 2006, 07:26
Argggghhhhhhhhh! Will that old thread of mine never die?

Well, if it can be of use, please feel free to use it, Nr Fairy.

Whirlygig
11th Jun 2006, 07:34
As the great Oscar once said;

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.

Hope it goes well Nr, :ok: and we look forward to your diary!

Cheers

Whirls

MightyGem
11th Jun 2006, 20:40
BTW, the diary starts in and old thread, here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=145183) - starts post 66.

That's why I couldn't find it. I found that thread, but thought that Whirly's was one on it's own.

Bravo73
15th Jun 2006, 10:01
Congratulations, Nr Fairy! :D :D :D

Good luck with the course. :ok:

B73

Gbarral
15th Jun 2006, 10:56
Preapartion for FI course? Simple to say but hard work to do: prepare for the ground subjects as you did for your CPL exams - except to be able to teach them rather than answer mutiple choice questions!

The Nr Fairy
15th Jun 2006, 12:54
Booked to start with Mike Green up at Booker on 26th July. Holiday booked, money sorted, almost all set to go.

And I've never kept a diary in my life - what makes people think this will be different ?!

The Nr Fairy
4th Jul 2006, 05:27
Anyone else starting their FI course at Booker on 26th July ? PM / email me ?

Bravo73
4th Jul 2006, 11:05
Nr Fairy,

Your best bet will be to ask Heli Services themselves. I'm sure that they'd be happy to share any contact info with you.

Best of luck.

B73

PS It's not called Booker anymore.

puntosaurus
4th Jul 2006, 15:53
Get a PPL mate to fly RHS and try flying from the left with your arm in the air before you start. They love throwing that at newly minted cpls on day one just to take them down a peg or two. Helps if you're prepared.

Enjoy !