PDA

View Full Version : Close to home: Thank you to County Air Ambulance

CRAN
7th Jun 2006, 00:54
Tonight my brother was the beneficiary some of the great work that our contributors do; after he was involved in a serious a motorcycle accident in Lichfield, Staffs, UK. Thanks to the county air ambulance service and all of the emergency services on scene he's going to be fine and should be out of hospital in a few days. I thought I would take this opportunity to thank all those involved for getting to the scene so quickly and airlifting him to hospital safely.

Thank you so very much, you do a wonderful job and you should feel justifiably proud of what you do.

CRAN
:D

ToTall
7th Jun 2006, 06:01
Second that :ok:

TheFlyingSquirrel
7th Jun 2006, 08:16
Give him our best Cran !;)

johned0
10th Jun 2006, 18:11
I have to agree with the sentiment expressed by CRAN in an earlier thread.

About 3 months ago I lost one of my best friends in a road accident. My friend's Wife had told me about the wonderful service that he received from all the staff at County Air Ambulance. Only yesterday (just a few hours after reading CRAN's message) did I realise that the pilot (MW) had taught me to fly.

Despite their best efforts, my friend lost the fight but he had wanted to go up with me since I got my license. At least I know he was in safe hands when he did get to fly.

Thank you Matt and everyone who works with you.

John

R22DRIVER
12th Jun 2006, 05:59
I also was taught by Matt and was sad when he left to be one of the Air ambulance team. He and his crew play a very vital role and i have the utmost respect for all of them.

Keep up the good work Matt and your team.

:ok:

_ASH_
21st Jun 2006, 22:39
Yes mate... well done...

I was sponsered for a 200ft bunji jump for Staffordshire Air Ambulance the other day... and with the help and support of everybody I ended up doing it 3 times... (and raised a small fortune)

I would welcome any ideas to raise any amount of money for air ambulance... so please post away

Cheers....

ASH

SASless
21st Jun 2006, 23:21
ASH,
Invite dear Whirls and her banjo down to play for you. Make up a sign....
A Fiver for the Air Ambulance or she keeps playing!"
Sure money out of that I promise.

Whirlygig
22nd Jun 2006, 12:45
Just been tipped the wink that this was here!

You know? I'd do it 'n' all! :ok: As long as I could have a cut for my East Anglian boys!

Cheers

Whirls

airborne_artist
22nd Jun 2006, 16:05
Plenty of motorcycling/mountain biking and equestrian groups (to name but a few) have run events to raise funds for helimed services. What could Ppruners do, perhaps?

If I asked very nicely, and it was all for charity, I could possibly have access to a private, UL 600m strip (for those pesky planks) not too far from Benson.

I'd be happy to help, as we had the Thames Valley Air Ambulance (http://www.airambulancetvac.org/) here before Christmas to recover a builder who'd taken a tumble.

Any ideas, people?