PDA

View Full Version : class 1 medical in Dublin

irish86
9th Jun 2006, 13:31
I've my inital class one medical in the matter hospital in about 3 weeks, im just wondering as im quite anxious about it is their anything i should be doing to prepare as such? i know its a pretty general question but all adive is appricated..!

mutt
10th Jun 2006, 18:38
Just bring a newspaper with you to relax.. They are a very nice group of people who will do their utmost to make sure that you are successful.

Good Luck

Mutt

irish86
10th Jun 2006, 19:14
cheers mutt

corsair
28th Jun 2006, 21:41
Just renewed mine. I can echo Mutt's comments. Everyone is friendly. I suspect you will be examined by Dr Natin, who is very affable and a pilot himself. You may not even need a paper as they are very efficient. I was out in the street again clutching my piece of paper in very short order. Admittedly you will be getting the full treatment this time so perhaps a newspaper might be a good idea. Nurses take you away to check blood pressure, hearing, ECG etc. Then you're handed back to Dr Natin for the final checks.

The only preparation I ever make is to avoid drinking sessions the night before and cutting back on my sugar intake that day. Probably unneccessarily. But no harm.

WexCan
29th Jun 2006, 16:40
Went there at 9am, got out at 4pm. Very... efficient.

Dr Natin was not the nicest guy, in my opinion.

And I failed on steroscopic vision.

Bloody fantastic. Have to go and get a report from my consultant eye surgeon now.

The only thing I will say is that Phil and Joan in the office are lovely.

corsair
29th Jun 2006, 19:20
That's unfortunate WexCan but completely at oddswith my experience and others I know. Particularly unfortunate to have the eye problem.

WexCan
29th Jun 2006, 19:51
I was somewhat prepared for the eye issue. It was actually really just Dr Natin who disappointed. His bedside manner, in my case at least, was quite poor. Obviously a lot of you have had good experiences with him, he just didn't seem too great IMHO.

As a matter of interest, does anyone know if he's the only AME in the Mater? Because if he is he kinda has a monopoly on the 1st Class initials in this country - doesn't sound very fair...