PDA

View Full Version : Commercial flights at Valley?

Gainesy
9th Jun 2006, 06:36
Seems a bit optimistic? Nowhere-to-back of beyond?
NB No mention of RAF take on it.
http://icnorthwales.icnetwork.co.uk/news/regionalnews/tm_objectid=17197228&method=full&siteid=50142&headline=raf-valley-take-off-for-domestic-flights--name_page.html

A2QFI
9th Jun 2006, 07:17
Gainsey - your link could be http://tinyurl.com/kqvxh! Less Bandwidth! These services from Valley might work. I admit that it didn't last long but Air Furness(?) flew from Barrow to Manchester, 3 round trips a day and used the aircraft at night to fly the Royal Mail around. I liked their style - they published a small timetable which listed Barrow to Los Angeles, Barrow to Cape Town etc; all with connections at Manchester of course!

1859sqn
9th Jun 2006, 07:19
Who the HELL would want to travel to/from Anglesey?? (apart from anyone with a strange penchant for sheep, obviously).

South Bound
9th Jun 2006, 07:22

Absolutely - why on earth? Especially now that they have trashed the racing circuit to make it fit for the motoring press, just no fun anymore.

S'pose it would be great for the Valley guys to escape for a weekend tho.

PPRuNeUser0172
9th Jun 2006, 11:32
1859 old bean ever been to Valley or Y fali to give its proper title?? Actually a particularly bearable place, esp in summer time. Why diss it? Or does it have painful memories of getting chopped? Seems that most people who bad mouth the place have never set foot on the isle of dreams.

'Regional airport' has been on cards for several years now, clearly very politically driven, all ties in with new Welsh Assembly building at Llandudno Junction and is a lot cheaper than building a motorway through the middle of Wales.....now there's an idea;)

MostlyHarmless
9th Jun 2006, 12:23
Who the HELL would want to travel to/from Anglesey?? (apart from anyone with a strange penchant for sheep, obviously).
The "To" bit I agree with. Can think of about a jillion reasons for the "From", though