PDA

View Full Version : PVR form accompanying letter

L1A2 discharged
8th Jun 2006, 22:31
Not enough space on the PVR form for all the reasons so its going to have a letter with it. Anyone got any ideas on where to start ....

Other than 'I have the honour to request :yuk:

Chicken Leg
8th Jun 2006, 22:40
If you need to ask others for the reasons why you are leaving, it begs the question 'Why are you leaving'.:confused:

Ed Winchester
8th Jun 2006, 22:46
"Not enough space on the PVR form for all the reasons so its going to have a letter with it. Anyone got any ideas on where to start ...."

Bizarre comment. If you have that many reasons, surely the letter will write itself.

umba
8th Jun 2006, 23:05
As you look at the sheet of paper try to start somewhere near the top, over on the left hand side and apply positive pressure with your tool. Now work downwards in a systematic fashion from left to right as you, slowly or quickly (You'll know what feels best), brush the surface with your knib, ensuring there is adequate flow coming from your tip. When you have completed a full stroke to the base of your velum make sure to fully sweep up and down the massive (sorry, missive) length checking for areas you may have not given full coverage. Finally, remember to blot away any sloppy spills that can always overflow your ink well, even in the early stages of any expose.

Pontius Navigator
9th Jun 2006, 06:32
Does anyone care? Two minutes out the door and they will say Who?

Even those who leave full term are rarely missed.

Now if the letter was posted on blog we could all have a laugh

Roadster280
9th Jun 2006, 06:32
Why waste time and effort writing the letter, if it is simply to expand on a section of the form?

Assume you have 10 reasons to request Premature Voluntary Release, and there is room on the form for three. Why not simply enter the three most salient and overriding ones, and leave it at that? Why go to the time and bother of writing the letter in accordance with JSP 101 or whatever it is called now?

Surely three reasons are sufficient? I'm sure the Unit Retention Officer (assuming you are not the URO yourself!) will want to interview you, and having the other reasons up your sleeve is good ammunition so that when he has prepared his arguments against the reason you give, you can blow him out of the water with reasons he has not prepared for.

Wyler
9th Jun 2006, 06:33
So, you want to have a tantrum on paper. If you have decided to go, then go. Why write a long letter that noone will read.

Biggus
9th Jun 2006, 07:11
I thought that you PVRed, sorry, 'terminated' your employment, on JPA these days? Or is L1A2 referring to an electronic form?

PTR 175
9th Jun 2006, 09:05
Does anybody actualy take note and act on the reasons given.

I suspect that they are recorded somewhere but the MOD is unwilling to act on the spirit of peoples reasons.

To answers the posters question I just put 'personal' reasons and left it at that.

N Joe
9th Jun 2006, 18:58
The rate that PVRs are being submitted, and the fact that the adminers are too tied up coping with JPA, means that nobody would read your reasons anyway; indeed airmen just submit a genapp with no supporting info required. A friend of mine submitted his PVR to his CO and his PVR interview consisted of "OK".

N Joe

Confucius
9th Jun 2006, 20:28
The air force has done nothing to deserve to know why its valuable staff are leaving.

BEagle
9th Jun 2006, 21:27
All I recall is some kid of an acting Flt Cdr saying "Lucky you - wish I could get out so quick!".......:rolleyes:

SASless
9th Jun 2006, 23:43
Simply append a cassette tape of Johnny Paycheck singing "Take this job and shove it!" They should be able to figger it out in time.

Take This Job and Shove It
I ain't working here no more
My woman done left
and took all the reasons
I was working for
You better not try to stand in
my way as I'm walking out the door
Take this job and shove it

I've been working in this factory
For nigh on fifteen years
All this time I watched my woman
Drowning in a pool of tears
And I've seen a lot of good folks die
That had a lot of bills to pay
I'd give the shirt right off my back
If I had the guts to say

My woman done left
and took all the reasons
I was working for

Well that foreman he's a riggity dog
The lineboss He's a fool
Got brand new flattop hair cut
looorrdd he thinks he's cool
One of these days I'll blow my top
And That Sucker he's gonna pay
lord I can't wait to see their faces
When I get the nerve to say

My woman done left
and took all the reasons
I was working for

I ain't working here no more,

The Gorilla
10th Jun 2006, 14:05
There is only one good reason to PVR and you don't have to explain it to anyone. You are doing it for yourself!!

Curtis E Carr
10th Jun 2006, 14:28
A venom-filled letter will give you a brief moment of pleasure. However, I do feel that it pays to keep your options open. Who knows, it may suit you to return one day. That door may not be open to you following such a letter.

Basil
10th Jun 2006, 17:53
I just asked about PVRing and it didn't exactly do wonders for what remained of the military career - OTOH the RAF and I didn't get along terribly well anyway :}
Big mouth - bar - beer - senior officers present etc - you know the situation ;)
Thankfully things looked up a bit after I left but, nevertheless, thanks to the MoD for a civil apprenticeship, training as an Army gunfitter and as a pilot.

nutcracker 34
11th Jun 2006, 20:23
The most amusing PVR story I ever heard aboutwas some Bucaneer pilot who had been desperate to leave...his airline job was becoming but a far off idea the longer he remained in. The RAF, at the time, had an advert entitled 'Join the RAF and fly Bucaneers' or somesuch. He wrote to them telling that he was already in a Royal Air Force and already flew Buccs, that his RAF was quite different to the RAF being advertised and could he possibly join their RAF...the address those days was to some Air Officer...I hope this story was a true one...the person to whom it was attributed was perfectly capable od of sending it...and he did leave shortly afterwards.

However Curtis Carr's advice is sound...I know of one particular individual who tried to return to the RAF after having sent a venomous letter as he left at his 12 year point...act in haste....

tpm