PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - low hour pilot

Hamid_27
7th Jun 2006, 18:32
hi all,

just wanted to know ur views & all,http://forums.airlinepilotcentral.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

as u may have heard, Emirates are having some trouble with getting pilots, they need 200 pilots a year, and they are now saying that they are willing to get pilots will no or little flying experience on type.

would you think they would employ someone with 250 total flight time, nd a type rating on 737, straight out of flying school.
(Oxford aviation training - Uk)

good day all,http://forums.airlinepilotcentral.com/images/smilies/cool.gif

Hamid

shawarma
7th Jun 2006, 18:42
are you thinking fo or dec

future captain
7th Jun 2006, 18:53
Due to the structure of their fleet and destinations (prodominately long haul) i would say it would be difficult to get a freash pilot graduate straight into that sort of environment, i think the first step when desperate would be to take lower hour jet guys, then maybe lower hour TP guys, but a freash ATPL (frozen) straight into Emirates is though. :ugh:

Hamid_27
7th Jun 2006, 19:01
i know its hard to imagine a fresh pilot flying for emirates lol

im aiming to be a first Officer for emirates.

also, emirates run their own pilot training school for UAE nationals only, if the people coming out of thier schools who are also low hour pilots like me are flying with Emirates, would it not be possible for me to do the same? especially when coming out of the best airline pilot training school in UK ( oxford aviation)???

good day all;)

thirtysomething
7th Jun 2006, 19:39
Did Oxford not show you how to fill in an application form.. them being the best and all ... seriously though , why not just apply , the speculation your likely to find here isnt going to make a blind bit of difference to the outcome.
The very best of luck sir.

Hamid_27
7th Jun 2006, 19:47
lol,
i would have done, but i have not finished my training yet, im just making some plans for the future becuase after i finish my training im off to dubai pretty soon.

regards,

Hamid

thirtysomething
7th Jun 2006, 19:49
doh!

Still reckon it would be worth scoping them out, if nothing else you would find out perhaps who the decision maker you need to " target " is..

boeingbus2002
7th Jun 2006, 20:14
I was speaking to a Senior Training Captain recently who hinted they would prefer modular trained folks...:E

As future captain mentioned, the type of flying they do would make the transition from small pistons to jets a longer process. (Only about 5 take offs or landings a month). Perhaps a possiblilty is for cruise pilots like Cathay use. (However they have a 1000hr requirement too).

STORMER
8th Jun 2006, 15:41
Hamid

Might be worth having alook at what they fly. A low hour pilot with a fresh 737 rating will be of little use to emirates.

Just a thought

flyboylipad
9th Jun 2006, 03:21
Hamid,

Just give it a try..! it doesnt hurt...

or you might probably consider getting an Instructor rating and go to Dubai and work there and see how you go

I have friend there now and he says they're short of Flight Instructors in schools....

Best of Luck Buddy!

Flyboylipad

dxbpilot
9th Jun 2006, 22:09
Hi , sorry to dissapoint you but i know plenty of emirates captains that can't help there kids out with a job at emirates ! unless you have that emiratie passport there isn't really much hope getting into the cadet scheme. But if you really want to work in the gulf , I know a guy that got his first job at a company called Falcon Express Cargo Airlines.(i'm sure if you do a search you can come up with some info). They are contracted by fedex in the middleeast and use the B1900 / F27.

I'd say the most likely thing that emirates will do is lower the hour requirements in the future.

good luck with the job hunting

Hamid_27
10th Jun 2006, 19:37
Thanks alot for your help guys,:ok:

apreciate it.:D

Hamid

Asd1906
14th Jun 2006, 14:11
i know its hard to imagine a fresh pilot flying for emirates lol

im aiming to be a first Officer for emirates.

also, emirates run their own pilot training school for UAE nationals only, if the people coming out of thier schools who are also low hour pilots like me are flying with Emirates, would it not be possible for me to do the same? especially when coming out of the best airline pilot training school in UK ( oxford aviation)???

good day all;)

Well, these flying time is a foolish thing.....in the website they say 4000 hours total time, but if you were granted by god to be born in AUSTRALIA or UK, you would only need your CPL. There are cadets from these countries with no more than 300 hours doing simulator, already hired as F/O........this is a shame.......this is pure prejudice!!!!:= :*

Emirates is an Australian / UK job!!!!!!!!!!!

Hamid_27
16th Jun 2006, 00:26
dear Asd1906,

Well, these flying time is a foolish thing.....in the website they say 4000 hours total time, but if you were granted by god to be born in AUSTRALIA or UK, you would only need your CPL. There are cadets from these countries with no more than 300 hours doing simulator, already hired as F/O........this is a shame.......this is pure prejudice!!!!:= :*

Emirates is an Australian / UK job!!!!!!!!!!!

are you sure about this, if you are can you tell me how you found out??:ugh:

thanks alot,:D

Hamid

Asd1906
16th Jun 2006, 02:52
dear Asd1906,

are you sure about this, if you are can you tell me how you found out??:ugh:

thanks alot,:D

Hamid

Hamid,

A friend of mine was on the sim with a cadet, with 300 hours few weeks ago. And he is my friend, not someone that I know.

CALA
16th Jun 2006, 07:35
ASD1906, can you think I can be valueted to Emirates?
My experience is 500Total and a valid A320 Type rating.
In case positive can you send me the e-mail of your friend or direct the contact of Emirates? Thanks

145qrh
16th Jun 2006, 16:15
No chance I'm afraid...EK will,at the moment take people with 4000hrs+...Dont care what a friend of a friend told anyone..

Yes we have cadets,but only Emiratis...They do all there ground school in Dubai then go to Alice Springs for their flying training, then back to Dubai for type rating,,then they do a year,almost, of line training.

There are NO BRIT OR AUSSIE OR ANY OTHER CADETS...PERIOD, don't think that will change .

Sorry to disappoint, but I think it's better not to build any hopes...

We are getting plenty of applicants and need almost 400 pilots this year.

:)

CALA
16th Jun 2006, 21:03
Sorry to disappoint, but I think it's better not to build any hopes...

Don't worry, I think that you are right 145!And I Thank you for your explication.
I only hope to find a job ASAP....

Hamid_27
20th Jun 2006, 21:33
wata shame hey.

i think in the very near future Emirates are going to have to lower their requirments, and loosen up to make way for pilots.

because u know, pilot shortage doesnt exactly help, and with extremly large expansions on the way, they will have to, and hopefuly might start exepting new pilots from the best FTOs.

Hamid

:ok:

dxbpilot
22nd Jun 2006, 06:23
I'd say what will more likely happen , that emirates will lower their requirements to say 2500hrs for F/O's and make their employment package more tempting for pilots , this however will still work in your favor as other airlines may lose pilots !

good luck mate

Escape_Slide
22nd Jun 2006, 12:35
At some point in time statistics will catch up with those that want to tempt fate. :eek:

SinBin
15th Jul 2006, 21:46
I heard a rumour, as this is a rumour network, I thought I'd spread it some more! Rumour is, Emirates has just opened the floodgates to recuitment, regardless of your experience and licence (JAA, FAA, ICAO CPL/IR & ATPL). Potential recruitment for newbies?

I'd be interested to hear whether there is any truth in this rumour??:hmm:

Fat Clemenza
15th Jul 2006, 21:57
That really sounds like a rumour... I was there (Dubai) a few weeks ago and they were not joking about their requirements. There are enough experienced and very experieced Pilots from around the world who continuously appply to work with Emirates for them to lower their requirements....

captwannabe
16th Jul 2006, 11:32
Emirates are short of pilots, and will be in the years to come as they have a large number of aircraft on order. For a FO you need 4000TT, 2000 multi-crew multi-engine jet, and a full ICAO ATPL so the requirements are still the same at the moment.

Tuned In
16th Jul 2006, 17:40
I heard the same rumour, from a source that is usually reliable. It is certainly worth keeping an eye on them.

Aussie
16th Jul 2006, 23:48
I heard there going to start recruiting Turbo-prop drivers soon!

Aussie

SinBin
17th Jul 2006, 18:45
My rumour source was a sim TC currently based in the UK who's about to goout there.

captwannabe
17th Jul 2006, 19:07
might start exepting new pilots from the best FTOs

They might prefer the best pilots, from other airlines! The cadet schemes at present (not just for Emirates) are only for nationals, so low-houred Europeans will have to look elsewhere.

Will someone who actually flies for Emirates confirm/deny these rumours?

dxbpilot
18th Jul 2006, 01:00
I live in Dubai , and have grown up there, there is no changes in requirements and the cadet scheme is only, strictly for locals. These locals can be dual nationality , for example American/Emiratie, but still must have the UAE passport. This is directly from Emirates Training Captains. (As I was in the emirates A330 sim not so long ago:O )

hope this helps

pltskiracer
4th Aug 2006, 04:38
Has anybody gotten hired with less than 2000 mullti crew? Is this a hard requirement??
I have around 4550 TT with around 1750 multi crew turbo jet (Glass). About 400 tt on the B737-800, ETOPS and trans oceanic experience. B737-800 type rating and an FAA ATP. Norwegian national and 30 years old and I just send them my application.
How are my chances??
Christian

Alby Mangel
4th Aug 2006, 09:32
At the moment whatever is stated on the website is a hard requirement, i.e. 4000 hrs total with 2000 hrs multi crew jet.

At the beginning of the year the approval for the recruitment of female flightdeck was given and the possibility of turbo prob pilots was also being considered.

As stated in a previous post they need lots of crew, so all avenues are looked at.

So long as they get people meeting the current requirements things will remain as they are for the time being.

Personally i think they should start recruiting pilots with only turbine time.

Addy
4th Aug 2006, 09:51
First solo on King Air!!! :cool:

scroggs
4th Aug 2006, 13:44
Why not? I first flew a piston aircraft after 3000 hours jet and turboprop! And my first solo was on a jet, not a TP.

Scroggs

alloha
4th Aug 2006, 23:15
Why not? I first flew a piston aircraft after 3000 hours jet and turboprop! And my first solo was on a jet, not a TP.
Scroggs

First solo on a jet.Wow what did u do pal?Did u kill your TRE ?:eek: Besides that EK is very strict to its requirements.People from the company i work for,with 3500 hours in 734 and total of 3850 received the same answer."please contact us as soon as you reach 4000+".Besides that i think the 4000h limit is fair.In EK they make 5-6 landings and TOs per month.So they are looking for people who have made enough flight legs with many TOs and landings.I have 4000 in 737 with mixed kind of ops.From 30 min flight time till 4hours .Long range looks to my eyes as the completion for a pilot but personally i am still very much in apetite for visual approaches and many many landings.Thats the main reason for not applying yet.In any case good luck 2 all of you :ok:

Professor Plum
4th Aug 2006, 23:41
First solo on a jet.Wow what did u do pal?Did u kill your TRE ?

Nope. He's ex UK military, when everyone started on jets.

scroggs
5th Aug 2006, 15:49
Correct - first solo was on a Jet Provost TMk3 in 1977. I then flew Hawks, Hunters, Jetstreams and Hercules before I flew my first piston-engined aeroplane (Bulldog) as a QFI-trainee in 1987. Last flew a piston in 1991.

Sorry chaps, off topic - I've no interest in Emirates whatsoever, and from the tone of the topics about EK in Terms and Endearments, I doubt I ever will.

Scroggs

Alby Mangel
5th Aug 2006, 19:53
Hi Scroggs,

i agree, you would be pretty crazy to even consider giving up a command on the A340 with VS to go to EK as an F/O.