PDA

View Full Version : Where does Night Ratings at this time of year?

bellyfluffer
7th Jun 2006, 17:03
Hi
I know its the worst time of the year to be thinking about it but does anyone know where in the UK does a night rating a.s.a.p. as im having no joy :ugh:

bellyfluffer
8th Jun 2006, 07:26
Hi again,
Anybody who has read my other thread will have realised what an issue im having with a night qualification, so PPPPLLLLEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEE anybody out there who can help a fellow pilot get his Night Qualification ASAP post here or PM me :{

wingworker
8th Jun 2006, 17:56
Hi Bellyfluffer,

Most training schools would be able to do one but the problem at this time of year is finding an instructor who is willing to wait until 30 mins after civil twilight to do it!

I do know of a chap called Neil who is currently doing one at Cardiff so give the school there a call as they must have someone who is willing to run it.

Good luck

Wingworker

bellyfluffer
8th Jun 2006, 18:16
Any idea which school so i can contact them as i was told earlier today that cardiff dont allow training flights after 22:00, which given sunset times doesn'leave long!
Cheers for the help:ok:

TheRed(lfc)Baron
8th Jun 2006, 19:01
Eagle Flight Training at Luton airport will do one for you, I do PPL instruction there and the airport is open 24hours a day

Pm me for the contact details

Red

windforce
8th Jun 2006, 19:23
Hi mate, try Atlantic Flight Training. There are at least 3 PPL instructors that can do NQ. Try to call or send them an email. www.flyaft.com (http://www.flyaft.com)

bellyfluffer
8th Jun 2006, 19:56
Hi windforce
i have spoken to the girl who says she arranges it at aft twice already as that is where i did my ppl but as of yet no joy! She just says she will ask if any of the instructors want too?!

mad_jock
8th Jun 2006, 20:45
Belly make it well known that there are 2 crates of stella on the go for a willing FI.

I think you will need to resort to bribery to get it done.

bellyfluffer
8th Jun 2006, 20:50
you could well be right mate...... especially with the world cup starting!

i mean it! Why teach during the day when you could teach me at night then drink beer and watch football all day!!!!! :D

wingworker
8th Jun 2006, 21:13
Hi Bellyfluffer,

I should be able to find out tomorrow at work.

Will post then.

ps: Do you think they are waiting 'til everyone's gone home and sneaking up then??

Wingworker

windforce
9th Jun 2006, 22:06
Hi windforce
i have spoken to the girl who says she arranges it at aft twice already as that is where i did my ppl but as of yet no joy! She just says she will ask if any of the instructors want too?!

I can ask my instructor if you want... but i can't guarantee anything :ok:

wingworker
9th Jun 2006, 22:31
Hello Again,

Try Cardiff Academy of Aviation on 01446 710000

I believe they might be able to help.

Good luck.

Wingworker

bellyfluffer
10th Jun 2006, 00:00
Cheers W-F
fingers crossed!

Cheers W-W
i had thought of them but then i found out that cardiff airport doesn't allow training flights after 22:00! grrrrr! Will try them anyway.

Appreciate all the help with this :ok:

TJF97
10th Jun 2006, 06:47
Have you tried Southend?? There is several schools down there and its open 24hr.

mad_jock
10th Jun 2006, 10:43
See the mention of 2 crates of Stella and things start moving.

bellyfluffer
10th Jun 2006, 10:51
Well i may have found someone but im waiting to have it confirmed!

Southend is 24hr however after speaking to 3 schools there it appears they dont allowing training flights after 23-00 so would take 4/5 days and still the same issue of trying to find an instructor who has the time or desire!

mad_jock
11th Jun 2006, 00:03
belly m8 you haven't got the gist of what i am trying to explain.

BEER and BEER. Who in the tower is stopping you training past these operational times? The ATCO and thier merry helpers?

You offer them curry and or beer and I think there is a part in the ATCO manual which say these rules must be followed unless common sense says otherwise. And a free curry carry out costing 30 quid for the ATCO and thier merry helpers plus 30 quid for 2 crates of stella for the FI, still only comes to 60 quid which is not alot.

Don't look at the rule book, speak to the people. Explain your problem ask your question offer you incentive and see what happens.

windforce
11th Jun 2006, 17:16
bellyfluffer (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=113437), I'm sorry... no AFT instructors (at this period of the year) want to fly too late.... I'm sorry if I gave you false hope...

bellyfluffer
11th Jun 2006, 19:01
No worries Windforce
Cheers for trying, really appreciare mate :ok:

Florida mud wrestler
12th Jun 2006, 02:20
if it is really desperate, there is always the option of the USA. You can get a cheap holiday on www.mytravel.com (http://www.mytravel.com) and go to one of the JAA schools in Florida. Night flights are no problem whatsoever there and it is awsome flying at night too! Downside is that I think that you are going to need to apply for an FAA licence conversion. But if you plan to hour build now or at any time in the future, that is one less job to get done later. PM "Keygrip" if you have doubts about visas which I don't think that you need in any event for a night rating or hourbuilding.

54.98N
12th Jun 2006, 06:48
Newcastle is 24 hr and have the instructors to do it. Call Northumbria Flying School on 0191 2861321.

Bit of a trek though!