PDA

View Full Version : FAA CPL(H) Flight test

wlynx
7th Jun 2006, 09:01
Is there any where, or some one any one could suggest that I contact to complete 2 hours solo night, and a FAA commercial flight test closer to home than the US. ( Robinson R-22 )

I recently spent a couple of weeks in The US to obtain my FAA CPL prior to moving to the US. I managed to complete all the requirements and obtain my PPL and then pass all written exams for Commercial. and get all the relevant log book endorsements and sign offs how ever I was unable to complete the Flight exam as booked because bad weather prevented me from obtaining the 2 hours of solo night that I required prior to taking the commercial flight test.

GREGCART
7th Jun 2006, 18:46
HI there,

Well, I got my CPL (H) based on a CPL fixed-wing in 2001 after a checkride carried out in California. What you can do is to contact Philippe LESOURD at www.heliclass.com in Van Nuys near LA. If he is not to busy he will arrange you for your two night hours. He can also arrange the chekride with his test pilot from LONG BEACH, I passed the test with him, I am sure You won't have any problem thanks to your military background.
Good luck

greg

wlynx
8th Jun 2006, 08:35
Greg,

thanks for the info, I was hoping to complete the required hours and test a little closer to home, prior to moving to the US permanently. If I have to finish off in the US I would continue with Silver Hawk aviation in Caldwell , Idaho. as this is where I completed all the Robinson training completed so far.

I am just trying to get this completed here in Europe to save on another trip to the US prior to my move.

thanks again:ok:

GREGCART
8th Jun 2006, 15:49
Ok I get you now, I stationned in France where I fly R22, but sorry I have no idea about flying in the UK. And in France it is quite unusua for Private pilot to fly R22 at night, I am not even sure that you could find a roby fully equipped for night VFR. Anyway good luck to you.
Just one question, do you emigrate to the US? did you get the green card? I plan to leave the army and wish to settle in the US but I have no immigration visa and no ngreen card.:( What to do?

Regards
Greg

Martin1234
8th Jun 2006, 16:47
Wlynx, please don't cross-post. Either post in Rotorheads or here, NOT both.

wlynx
10th Jun 2006, 00:52
Greg,

its not at all easy to emigrate to the USA, I do have a green card, and I am a permanent legal resident, But that was only possible because I am married to a US Citizen.

GREGCART
10th Jun 2006, 13:23
Hi

Well I just have to find a US citizen girl who wants to marry me, let's go to meetic.com!!;)
Good luck to you
:ok:

Greg