PDA

View Full Version : NPPL Licence Issue

A V 8
6th Jun 2006, 17:02
Apologies if previously mentioned.......but

Anyone know how long it takes/meant to take?

www.nppl.uk.com (http://www.nppl.uk.com) says between 2 and 3 weeks.

Posted my application off a month ago. The CAA have billed my credit card and I've only received a receipt for the credit card transaction.

A bit annoyed as I had planned a trip with Mrs AV8 tomorrow which I'll now have to drive!

A V 8
14th Jun 2006, 18:57
OK guys ('n gals)

Would really appreciate some help here. Sent off my licence application to the NPLG at the start of May. I still haven't received my licence. Should I be getting worried? ( I am already!) If so, who would be the best person at the CAA to contact?

Thanks in advance

AV8

BEagle
14th Jun 2006, 20:45
What date was on the credit card transaction?

The whole idea of going via NPLG is to speed up licence issue. NPLG do all the initial checking, then send off the application and cheque so that the CAA shouldn't need to do any more checking.

If you PM me tomorrow I will try to chase things up with various folk.

A V 8
14th Jun 2006, 21:08
Thanks BEagle

Just checked with CC Company, CC transaction was on 31 May 06.

BEagle
15th Jun 2006, 07:09
The CAA website (updated 3 days ago) shows that the oldest applications still being processed for NPPL 'flightcrew' are those received on 31 May 06. Which means they must be processing yours right now. Count 10 working days from the 31st and it should be in the post by that date.

I suspect the delays in may were due to all the bank holidays - these always slow things down at this time of year!

A V 8
15th Jun 2006, 17:51
Cheers for that BEagle

Managed to speak to someone at the CAA today who assures me It was dispatched yesterday.