PDA

View Full Version : Transferring to NZ or Aussie Air Force....

DKP1
6th Jun 2006, 14:15
I am currently an EngO in the RAF and wondered if anyone here had looked into moving to Aus or NZ and being part of their Air Force? Any advice/ideas greatly appreciated....

OOpsIdiditagain
6th Jun 2006, 14:30
I went down that path about 6 years ago. Basically bypassed the Embassy and contact their AD HQ direct. Told them what I wanted, they asked for a CV, then sent a Gp Capt over to interview me. Then got all the medical forms etc and police checks done. Whole process took about a year from first contact to attestation. Several pit falls along the way so be warned.

Charlie Luncher
6th Jun 2006, 23:36
DK
Jumped ship from the mother country to the colonies a little while ago, there is currently an active recruitment campaign in the ADF. They are selective and if you are what we need, they will be interested. Be aware the grass is not greener but it is a different type of grass, it is sunnier though. I am glad I made the move and they do look after you better in most ways.
PM me if you wish:8 .
Charlie sends

Strato Q
7th Jun 2006, 00:45
Try this link: http://www.airforce.mil.nz/careers/overseas-recruiting/uk-recruitment-project-2006.htm

2006 recruitment is closed but I am assured there will be more in 07, so keep checking the website. Incidentally an ex-RAF Engo just moved in down the road.

DKP1
7th Jun 2006, 07:29
Thanks everyone, will keep looking........

Bluntend
12th Jun 2006, 10:00
DKP1, I'm due to ship out to NZ in November. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Bluntend