PDA

View Full Version : Fast jet over Liverpool

air pig
5th Jun 2006, 23:35
A very fast military jet over Liverpool at 22:00 on the 5:6. Anyone know why ??? Moving South west to North East low level climbing to altitute over the M62 below the cloud then into the cloud base.

vecvechookattack
5th Jun 2006, 23:44
Perhaps it was on a "Flying" exercise. We often do this in the military. Only on the basis that it Pi$$es off the civvy's....we call it flying...Somtimes we go high and sometimes we go low.....sometimes we go fast and sometimes we go slow....and sometimes we go flying just for the hell of it...(they are called Test Flights) So, my guess is that this aircraft was on a "flying" exercise

frodo_monkey
6th Jun 2006, 00:17
VVHA,

Perhaps too much sarcasm there old chap? We were doing a PD, not going particularly quickly though... :}

Outlook
6th Jun 2006, 01:27
Non miltary but I hope you don't mind...

"A very fast..." You'd fly fast too otherwise us locals might nick your wheels.

Roadster280
6th Jun 2006, 01:36
Didn't realise mil ac had attractive alloys, much less hub caps

(as an exiled Scouser)

Always_broken_in_wilts
6th Jun 2006, 05:14
Since when did the pre requisite "attractive" come into the "thieving gypsy scouser" equation:E

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

air pig
6th Jun 2006, 08:05
This was over the centre of the city, so I suspect not an airtest, that far away from a military airfield. Most military departures from LPL are down the river. If the military want to fly over the city, fine by me any day.

Finally we are not all thieving gypsy scousers as alluded to by ABIW and others. Car theft is worse in other places and at least we do not shoot kids on bikes, even though they should have been in bed at midnight.

jayteeto
6th Jun 2006, 08:15
Sorry mate, but I have lived in L10 for a year and flown the helicopter for 3 years. Car crime is appaling, my insurance has gone from £220 to £500 and our neighbours have been burgled sensless. I have never ever lived in a place like this for petty crime. I would rather force land in Baghdad than in Norris Green. There are still many more good people than bad, but the bad ones make this a very tough place to live.
PS Recent gun crime in Croxteth has been highlighted in the liverpool Echo, kids ARE being shot at, regularly!! And before you say it, Yes, we are moving out of the city this month, have had enough.... Oh and I don't think you are gypsies...

slender
6th Jun 2006, 08:34
Why there're no scousers on the Startreck?

Because they don't want to work in the future either.

Gaz ED
6th Jun 2006, 10:52
Jayteeto - you fly the helicopter and live in Norris Green. Get up the north End. Much nicer!
In view of crime, I believe Liverpool is down the rankings, but the hangover of the '80s remains, at least those imprinted by good old Harry Enfield!

jayteeto
6th Jun 2006, 12:00
We are just outside NG but not for much longer, Rainford is much nicer and a hundred quid cheaper car insurance!!

Gaz ED
6th Jun 2006, 12:03
HAve you not thought about Crosby. Shorter commute! Oh, and stop flying over my house at 4 in the morning!:rolleyes:

Zoom
6th Jun 2006, 12:10
I think the jet was on a 'Scally Recce'. Unfortunately the pilot had to curtail it because when he put his hand out of the window to indicate a left turn someone nicked his watch.

Gaz ED
6th Jun 2006, 12:16
Zoom

Zzzzzzzzzzzz!

:bored:

Zoom
6th Jun 2006, 12:37
Sorry, Gaz, the whole joke is quite funny, but I only used 1/3rd of it. BTW, my daughter lives in L18.

Gaz ED
6th Jun 2006, 12:53
L18. The mother in law lives there, just by the park, so it has to be avoided!

air pig
6th Jun 2006, 13:19
Jaytoo, you chose to live in Norris Green/Croxteth, anybody with half a brain knows it is scallyville. Did you not do research before moving and anyway you could live in the south side of the city where I live. No car crime ( my car lives on the driveway Insurance for a BMW £425 last year), theft or thankfully social disorder. Please don't tar us all with same brush, however broad that may be.
All cities have problems, you can see this in any of the media either visual or written, so therefore Liverpool is not alone in this respect. The main time to worry is when the scallys learn to use their uzi's in the correct and approved manner, as I was taught by an Israeli army sniper when on holiday at a resort in Israel not so many years ago. What a hotel, with an amazing weapons range in the basement, useable by any hotel guest.
Yes we have problems within our city, but I would rather live here than in some parts of Manchester where I work or ewhere i lived for 10 years.
Moving to Rainford, they still have an unsolved murder in the area of a girl by the name of Julie Findley, who was found dumped on the bypass, and you will be within 10 min drive of St Helens. nowhere is crime free even where I live.

Gaz ED
6th Jun 2006, 13:27
10 mins away from St.Helens....EEEK!

Hordes of violent sheepskin clad drunkards!

Oh damn......a stereotype!!

Mad_Mark
6th Jun 2006, 13:30
I saw a fast jet over RAF Leuchars once!! Anyone tell me who it was, their address and why they were flying? :ugh:

MadMark!!! :mad:

Gaz ED
6th Jun 2006, 13:58
His name was Flt Lt T. F**kwit., his address was the mess, and he was having an a**e round!!

jayteeto
6th Jun 2006, 14:02
Oh No... Munchester!! I agree with that!! But south side no crime??? Speke, Netherley, Garston???

Gaz ED
6th Jun 2006, 14:09
Considering where you work, jayteeto, you could move to the really big houses..Formby and the like! You'd have to watch out for those plastic scousers up there though. They talk like they're from Scottie (lar!) yet Mater and Pater live in Freshfield in a huge house! They will only rob Range Rover or Merc hubcaps...:)

air pig
6th Jun 2006, 15:49
Jaytoo, in reply I could add Moss-side Hulme and Salford just in the south side and around Manchester, same as parts of Leeds Sheffield etc. All places have crime even in the most regulated and totalitarian states. its how you deal with it that is the answer. the vast majority of people in the areas you mention want a quiet life but it is a minority of scum that cause the troubles. I know your colleagues lock them up, only for them to be let loose again by a spineless and poorly perfoming prosecution service and judiciary, who follow the instructions of their masters. your colleagues know who in vast majority cases carry out the crime, but require evidence and witness statements. I have come across two cases recently where victims would not give statements to the police.

But getting back to the original question, what was a tornado doing over Liverpool last night at approx 22:00 ????? anybody know or was it from Marham looking for Jaytoo's hubcaps ????

jayteeto
6th Jun 2006, 16:06
:ok: Contact me for a list of target coordinates!! Air Pig .... ye know too much....:ok:

air pig
6th Jun 2006, 17:27
Its only what any well informed individual knows. Have you seen the PUIBLIC pictures of Liverpool released from Tactical Imaging Wing at Marham shown at RIAT about 2 years ago, resolution that would find your hub caps. It is amazing what people will tell you if you ask the RIGHT questions.

SVK
6th Jun 2006, 19:42
Now I've that I've finally stopped giggling;

Any serious answers to the original thread?

SVK

Edited to add:

Only coz' my Dad's in Knowsley and wants to know if Merseyside Police have decided that a GR4 is a hell of a lot better at getting results than their Helicopter.

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
6th Jun 2006, 23:32
Question: what's the best thing to come out of Liverpool?

Answer: the East Lancs road (RAATC, remember Rule 19 lads), boom, boom!

GBZ

air pig
6th Jun 2006, 23:41
Yea but you end up in Yorkshire, soon make you want to return.

No one has answered the original question yet ?????

Fishtailed
7th Jun 2006, 08:43
Airpig. The answer was in reply No 3, and if you don't know what PD means you shouldn't be here.:=

air pig
7th Jun 2006, 09:09
This is the first PD at that time of night that I or anyone I known in the city. Did they get lost on climb out ???

Northern Circuit
7th Jun 2006, 11:14
Was the radio still there on departing the liverpool area?

jayteeto
7th Jun 2006, 11:17
I think that I understand why the questions are continuing. We have had a few comments on the nature and routing of the departure by members of the public (not reckless or dangerous to RAF FunPolice reading this), allegedly it wasn't what locals are used to seeing. AirPig, people in authority in the military can often overreact to comments like 'did they get lost?'

JackRyan
7th Jun 2006, 15:36
That couldn't happen with Frodo in the back, could it?

iccarus
7th Jun 2006, 20:03
Did it have a big red star on the side???

Bravo2
8th Jun 2006, 20:59
I saw it and there was definitely no red star.

Gainesy
9th Jun 2006, 07:19
Hook, line, reel, rod.:)