PDA

View Full Version : Job opportunities for 500 hour pilot

heliman500
5th Jun 2006, 22:02
Does anyone know of any job opportunities for pilot with 500TT and 250 turbine? Anywhere? What are the requirements for SIC in the North Sea?
Appreciate your help.;)

mongoose237
5th Jun 2006, 22:27
North Sea:

First and foremost, you must have the pre-existing right to work in Europe.

If you have that, then you must have a JAA IR. Bonding for this is an option, but not always. It goes without saying you must also have JAA CPL(H) and I think you would have a hard time convincing them to bond you for that.

As for other requirements, it depends on whether you fit the bill at that moment in time. People have been picked up straight after CPL licence issue, others have paid their dues in the military or civil onshore work.

heliman500
5th Jun 2006, 22:37
Thanks for the reply.

I am a UK citizen so the work authorization wont be a problem. I currently have a JAA CPL however i do not have my IR...will this let me down?

Do you know of any companys currently hiring?

Thanks again for the info...

mongoose237
5th Jun 2006, 22:45
All have been hiring recently. I don't know whether they still are.

I suggest you address a letter to each of the 3. If they are no longer hiring, your information will still be in the system for next time.

MK10
6th Jun 2006, 15:49
all 3 north sea company,s are hiring at the moment if you have 1500hrs ATPL(H), IR , and the rating for the aircraft say L2 or whatever.
yes a few guys were fortunate, enough to get picked up after cpl(h) quite recently, most paid the IR tho, and certainly some had "contacts" already in the company concerned.
mk10