PDA

View Full Version : UK CAA Difference training

helilad
4th Jun 2006, 17:30
Hi , does anybody know the requirements for difference training on a helicopter type.I understand that when a "d" is placed beside types in JAR it requires an endorsement from an instructor/examiner ?? And further to that does one LPC cover all variants for that year .
:ugh:
many thanks

HL

Hughes500
4th Jun 2006, 18:13
LPC covers all variants. Instructor may sign you off in your log book - thats it !

tbc
4th Jun 2006, 21:09
Where differences are required iaw JAR FCL2, I believe that you must carry out the 'differences' training as a course at a TRTO that has an approval to carry out such 'differences' training.

I do recall in 2005 that an NPA to JAR FCL2 'required' a minimum of 3:00 hrs of flying training as part of the 'differences' training package, which when I first heard of it I discussed it with PLD and suggested it was ARSE!!

I gather that it was going to be 'challenged' as being unnecessarily over prescriptive by PLD on behalf of industry and that a more 'realistic' figure would be adopted.

I did try to suggest that it should be left to the discretion of the HofT at a TRTO to determine the content of the 'differences' course, based on the individual he was dealing with - common sense prevailing in other words.

FloaterNorthWest
4th Jun 2006, 22:15
Heli Training Comm 1/2005 states that for SE & ME <3175kgs a 1hr flight is required for differences, >3175kgs then 3hrs is required. The training should include groundschool and the flight carried out by an approved TRTO with an aproved differences syllabus. The training captain carrying out the training should sign your logbook or provide a record of training to show that you have been trained.

No OPC or LPC paperwork.

FNW

Aesir
5th Jun 2006, 10:14
When I did my differences training for AS350B2 to B3 I did a one day ground school with test and 1 hr flight training with TRTO.

This was of course i.a. with JAR-FCL about 2 years ago.

FloaterNorthWest
5th Jun 2006, 10:26
Aesir,

I have just been organising our S76C++ differences training and can confirm that my last post is the current situation.

FNW

Billywizz
5th Jun 2006, 11:42
The CAA did issue instructors with a page of adhesive stickers that were meant to be put in the remarks column of logbooks to show that differences training had been completed. Seemed a pointless excercise as it was easy enough to sign the same column. Not sure if the CAA are still giving them out.