PDA

View Full Version : Rafanasaurus

cooheed
4th Jun 2006, 13:41
Amusing..

http://www.ejectorseats.co.uk/rafanasaurus.html (http://www.ejectorseats.co.uk/rafanasaurus.html)

jimgriff
4th Jun 2006, 18:49
Thats very kind of you to say so!!:ok:

All contributions welcome

cooheed
4th Jun 2006, 20:39
'Hang one on' - to get drunk

EG 'Thanks for the christening Padre but we have to go to the mess now and hang one on'.

adr
4th Jun 2006, 23:24
EG 'Thanks for the christening Padre but we have to go to the mess now and hang one on'.
I'm shocked. That really is inappropriate, and gives a very poor impression. The correct thing to say would be, 'Thanks for the christening Padre but we have to go to the mess now and hang one on. Care to join us?'

And I know at least three Padres (all Catholic, but that may be a coincidence) who'd say, if not, "Duh," then, "But of course, Thank you." :E

adr

Dunhovrin
5th Jun 2006, 11:42
Suprised the WAFFUs haven't started banging on about Rick Jolly's Jackspeak - most of which was lifted from the crabs...

Wrathmonk
5th Jun 2006, 12:15
Give them a chance - it's barely Monday lunchtime so the WAFUs will only just be getting into work :ok:

Tourist
5th Jun 2006, 12:35
Just got to work (early start, you know how it is) and noticed this thread.

Isn't it amazing how many distinctive cultural slang words and phrases the RAF has managed to devise in such a short and drab corporate history.

The RN and Army have taken hundreds of years with battles and campaigns across all corners of the globe to accumulate their own rich verbal tapestry.

You would think the entire RAF would have had to gob off almost continuously since their inception to produce such a varied.............

Ah.........

It's all becoming clear...........:rolleyes:

swampy_lynx_puke
5th Jun 2006, 12:51
Whether of Crab or WAFU origin I do not know... nor care

Following a decree by CBFFI in the early 1990s that 'Benny' was a derogatory term and should its use should stop forthwith...

Still: an indigenous inhabitant of the Falkland Islands i.e. Still a Benny.

PileUp Officer
5th Jun 2006, 12:53
I also liked the Aircrew Dictionary http://ccgi.piers.plus.com/ball/
I particularly enjoyed the Generic Naming Procedure and the Standard Landaway Nights Out.

Tourist
5th Jun 2006, 14:44
SLP.
Army I believe, and it was 1984.

The locals retaliated with the term Weni's, from the visitors habit of starting every sentance with "when I was ........"

diginagain
5th Jun 2006, 15:01
Followed shortly by 'Andi's', as in 'And he's still a Benny'

mpb277
5th Jun 2006, 20:37
Thats very kind of you to say so!!:ok:

All contributions welcome

Who was it wrote the Rafanasaurus jimgriff???

jimgriff
5th Jun 2006, 21:11
I cannot tell a lie....It was not I!

I was sent a copy years ago and various words have been added over the years, so I guess it's still an evolutionary process.:8

mpb277
6th Jun 2006, 11:26
I cannot tell a lie....It was not I!

I was sent a copy years ago and various words have been added over the years, so I guess it's still an evolutionary process.:8

Damn decent of you to be so up front. I am the one of the 3 amigo's referred to on the last page.

It was chucked together whilst at Bruggen in 99, and whilst the quotes come from all over the place, twas my left and right index fingers that did all the typing.

EC Does It
6th Jun 2006, 15:14
I also liked the Aircrew Dictionary http://ccgi.piers.plus.com/ball/
I particularly enjoyed the Generic Naming Procedure and the Standard Landaway Nights Out.

Under the standard naming procedure in the above tome, there is a reference to a certain Simon Tickle a Tess. Just wondering, is it the same Simon Tickle who did a flying scholarship at Wickenby in 1984? (Think he was from Staffs area.) If so, I am the idiot who spent the whole of that summer washing C152's down and cutting grass for free flying whilst the Air Cadets were living the life of Riley. Be good to find out how he got on.

Apologies for not posting this on the "Where are they now?" thread but I thought there would be a higher chance of someone in the mob knowing him.

Cheers, ECDI.