PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet A319's at Edinburgh

the_fish@blueyonder.
2nd Jun 2006, 19:08
Does anyone know which route/s the EZY A319s are opertaing From Edinburgh?

I ask becasue i was near the aiorport all day today and a lot of EZY A319's were landing and departing. I normally fly from here to Luton or Stansted, but I have always been on a 737, even as recently as April this year, so I'm wondering if they are used for the European routes instead?

I'm flying back from LTN-EDI this August, am i likely to be on a 737 or A319?

Thanks.

the_fish@blueyonder.
2nd Jun 2006, 22:11
Both Gatwick & Stansted are "total" Airbus bases & operate A319s to/from EDI.

Thanks,

Are there plans to convert the LTN route to the Airbus. I'd like to try and get on an EZY Airbus, but STN and LGW are pretty useless (in terms of location to where I stay) for me whenever I go down to London, so it's always LTN.:(

Map_Shift
3rd Jun 2006, 06:29
It would appear that there are no plans at present to convert Luton to Airbus. However, the EDI base is being converted so you might be in luck.

XSBaggage
4th Jun 2006, 02:14
Fish,
Why are you so keen on the A319?! As a pax late last year I was shocked at the comfort levels on the A319 re legroom and the hardness of the seat back. A319 outbound and B733 inbound and the difference was very noticeable in the B733s favour.

XSB

I Just Want To Fly
13th Jun 2006, 00:06
New A319 are being delivered every month.
The B737 is slowly being fased out.
This may take a few years, and there may not be any official conversion plan for LTN.

lukeylad
13th Jun 2006, 19:23
Fish,
Why are you so keen on the A319?! As a pax late last year I was shocked at the comfort levels on the A319 re legroom and the hardness of the seat back. A319 outbound and B733 inbound and the difference was very noticeable in the B733s favour.

XSB

im with you there mate i went out to NICE last year on a a319 from ncl and it was very uncomfortable no leg room at all which for a lanky bloke like me is hard. The 737 ride back was much better.

the_fish@blueyonder.
13th Jun 2006, 21:19
im with you there mate i went out to NICE last year on a a319 from ncl and it was very uncomfortable no leg room at all which for a lanky bloke like me is hard. The 737 ride back was much better.

I'm just looking for a change really, I've been using the EZY 737's for years now and just want to try something new. I'm not specifically going to book a route with EZY that will guarantee me an A319, but If I do get one this summer it'll be a nice change.

Kestrel_909
13th Jun 2006, 21:43
Chances are you will get one, not sure how many A319s are now based at EDI/GLA but most of the flights to BFS are A319, another new one delivered on Friday past, G-EZAU.

GoEDI
13th Jun 2006, 21:51
By the time you fly LTN-EDI in August EDI will be an all A319 base, but it depends what flight you are on because there will still be a couple of flights a day operated by LTN based B737s.

girtbar
16th Jun 2006, 19:21
Edi now has 2 319's based there (AS and AU at the moment, but they change around) and one 733. The 733 is planned to leave us in November as we've been a bit slow training all the flight deck. Thats what we've been told anyway.

The routes that the 319 do are all of them, ltn, stn, bfs, ams. Its just pot luck on which aircraft you will be on. PM me the flight date/number and i could tell you the planned a/c type if you like?

ezybus
16th Jun 2006, 20:56
There is no difference in legroom between the 737 and 319. Both A/C have same pitch!!! The seats are harder as they are new and not worn in on the airbus. But the legroom is the same!