PDA

View Full Version : Surf Rescue

Droopystop
1st Jun 2006, 15:22
Follow this link for a well, I will let the masses decide on this rescue....
http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1148814904/Boat_VS_Wave

HeliEng
1st Jun 2006, 15:40
Amazing!!! Very courageous pilot! :eek: :eek:

Just glad that everyone was O.K.

That poor chaps boat!!!

SASless
1st Jun 2006, 16:00
That exemplifies why Helicopter Pilots are "different". Occasionally, one has the chance to make a difference in someone else's life.:ok:

TiPwEiGhT
1st Jun 2006, 17:08
Good effort lad! Must have been trick with the boat moving up and down with the waves!

TiP:ok:

Nigel Osborn
1st Jun 2006, 22:24
Flungdung, I wish you were right! The Gold Coast still has an elderly AS 350 without floats that spends most of its time below 200 ft over the sea & has gone 30 miles out to sea. Being "aerial work", CASA doesn't require floats. But at least it has a winch, static line & crewmen.

bladepitch
1st Jun 2006, 23:15
hey Nigel

some one up there should have a chat to mr beattie, that or a choice letter stating the required machine upgrades that his southern brothers and sisters enjoy. Being a NSWelshman and now a Victorian (dont hold it against me for the latter) i cant remember the last time i saw a squirrel being used for rescue. and to top it off one without pop out floats.
feel sorry for the crews.

Colonal Mustard
2nd Jun 2006, 16:02
Did that say " WALES SURF RESCUE":eek:

Nigel Osborn
2nd Jun 2006, 22:53
Flungdung

You've been out of Oz too long to remember the distances! You are right about those machines but they don't do surf patrols at a max height of 200 ft behind the surf well out of beach auto range & on one occasion 30 miles out to sea because the Lismore machine declined to go. The SLSQ machine is still a non float equipped 350 & will remain so despite the other machines you mention.

mr nobody
3rd Jun 2006, 00:12
Hi Nigel

Gotta say i'm with fungdung on this one. Maybe you should speak to Brett about the floats

bladepitch
3rd Jun 2006, 12:39
flundung.

i stand corrected. cheers. couldnt help but take a shot at a cane toad! :}