PDA

View Full Version : Contacts at RMB Chivenor

vigilant_spacey
1st Jun 2006, 14:03
Hi,

Im looking for a contact at Chivenor. Will be doing some flying training in nearby Exeter at the end of 2007 (i know its a bit early!) and am looking to find out about the mess's in particular if there is a great demand for rooms.

regards

vigi

ZH875
1st Jun 2006, 15:32
Will be doing some flying training in nearby Exeter 50 Miles is not exactly nearby, wouldn't a 'nice' cheap seaside hotel be a better option? (More time for Beer)

vecvechookattack
1st Jun 2006, 15:47
You may find that Yeovilton is closer to Exeter, but if you look hard there may be military accom in Exeter.

fabs
1st Jun 2006, 17:55
There is a barracks in Exeter, it's a TA centre but does have some regular Army bods who work in Bn HQ, unsure if there is a full time mess though.

www.army.mod.uk/riflevolunteers/e_company/index.htm

Worth a visit for the accompanying tune alone!

vigilant_spacey
2nd Jun 2006, 08:14
Thanks for the help so far. The sea side hotel might end up being the best idea, although the 50 mile drive wouldnt bother me that much. Just want to look into the options now. I think a few nicely worded letters are required!!

Vigi

5th Jun 2006, 06:05
Vigilant it's not the 50 mile drive that's the problem - it's getting through Barnstaple traffic at the beginning or end of your journey that takes the time, especially in the Summer when the grockles arrive. I think there are rooms available at Chiv - try ringing the Mess and asking.