PDA

View Full Version : Re: Ryanair

italiamal
1st Jun 2006, 13:10
Could somebody tell me were I can get the information on why a flight did not land at the schedule airport and why it was diverted to another airport

bacardi walla
1st Jun 2006, 15:40
If you are referring to a Rome flight, maybe ask Ryanair. Good luck :ugh:

ezybus
1st Jun 2006, 16:12
Probably as ryanair have flown into milan bergmo and class it as Rome :ok:

italiamal
1st Jun 2006, 16:15
No, Not from Rome. From Milan Bergamo to Stansted. Ryanair is saying it is because of fog. But my father was at the airport on the night in question and he sayes there was no fog.

BOAC
1st Jun 2006, 20:18
Without more information - eg date/time - that is impossible to answer. Often a person in the passenger terminal will not be able to judge whether there is fog on the approach or not.

NudgingSteel
1st Jun 2006, 20:26
And most of an airport may be clear with excellent visibility, yet there may be shallow fog lying in a small layer around the transmissometers [visibility measuring equipment]. Although crews might see the runway from 20 miles or more, if the IRVR is giving values below the minima permitted for an approach to a runway, the aircraft cannot legally commence an approach. Seen it a few times and it's desperately frustrating!

Kestrel_909
1st Jun 2006, 21:40
I have been at airports many a time and it's foggy at one end but not the other, strange to be able to see endless one way but only 100m the other.

italiamal
2nd Jun 2006, 18:01
It was on the 9th March around 1am. According to Met office there was no fog at that time.

Rainboe
2nd Jun 2006, 18:26
Maybe it was foggy at the departure airfield? Or even where the aeroplane did it's revious rotation before it was planned to leave for Rome? That would explain 'fog'.

italiamal
2nd Jun 2006, 20:41
Flight is nothing to do with Rome. Flight was from Milan bergamo. Plane arrived at Milan late and take off no problems. The problem was at Stansted. Approached for landing then took off again.