PDA

View Full Version : More sadness

LOTA
30th May 2006, 18:19
There seems to be a lot of sadness on this board at the moment - and I am going to add a bit more, I'm afraid.
Tom Grant, the student stabbed on a train home from Scotland at the weekend, came from an RAF family. His dad was particularly well known at Bruggen, at Innsworth and in RAF soccer circles. Tom was one hell of a nice kid; just like his dad. He did work experience with one particular department at HQ PTC. He made a tremendous impact in just a fortnight.
Deepest sympathy and condolences to the family at this terrible and senseless loss.

Tigs2
30th May 2006, 21:59
LOTA
This is dreadful news about the sensless loss of such a young mans life. His father is one of the nicest men you could wish to meet.My sincere condolences to his family, it is a loss that will be truely difficult to ever come to terms with. I feel very sad.

Talk Wrench
30th May 2006, 22:25
What sort of a country are we living in?

My condolences go out to yet another RAF family who have suffered a loss.

This time though, we see the loss of an obviously dedicated young man who wished to forge a career of excellence, through his studies, through his OTC service, his aspirations to join the commissioned ranks of the Army and his commendable belief of right and wrong.

He paid the price on behalf of being right and intervening on something that was wrong.

Why has this young man gone from our ranks as such?

He did what was correct. He steppped in. He intervened. He did what was in his spirit.

It is with much sorrow that a future officer shall not be there to serve Queen and Country.

But I think he already has.

TW

adr
30th May 2006, 23:31
If the report of the circumstances surrounding this young man's death are true, then he has already achieved what any man could be proud of. Faced with an opportunity to protect the weak from the strong, he did not flinch from the duty that any honourable man would recognise. He hazarded his life, and the price he paid was as much a measure of his courage as it was a measure of his attacker's depravity.

His parents can be proud of him. May he rest in peace.

adr