PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Kenyon flying Scholarship

goose boy
30th May 2006, 16:50
I am just trying to find out if anyone knows the latest on the scholarship, as I have applied and not heard anything back yet.

Have they chosen the final candidates or am I still in with a chance.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Cheers G.B

DennisK
21st Jun 2006, 17:58
From Dennis Kenyon.... Re The Dennis Kenyon Junior helicopter scholarship.

In reply to the pprune candidate enquiries regarding the 2006 scholarship.

Will applicants kindly note, that as a 'one man band' I am physically unable to reply individually to the high level of enquiries. (over 500 this year)

The scholarship selection committee meeting expect to hold the first 2006 meeting in July. However this is subject to agreement with our new sponsor and it is hoped to make a formal announcement shortly.

Six successful candidates will then be called for interview at Shoreham Airport. Helicopter training is expected to commence in the autumn of this year.

Applicants should be of British nationality and be aged between 18 and 23 in 2006. They should send an essay of not more than 300 words, outlining their career and achievments to date. It is helpful to include a photograph and copy birth certificate.

Send to: Dennis Kenyon Junior Helicopter Scholarship, Hannah Nobbs, (Scholarship Secretary) Terminal Two, Shoreham Airport, West Sussex, BN43 5FF.

The scholarship winner will be announced in the Loop Newspaper.

www.loop.aero.com

Previous winners were. Miss Zoe Spain and Miss Hannah Nobbs.... both now PPL(H) holders.

Best of luck and good wishes to all,

Dennis Kenyon.