PDA

View Full Version : Flying Hard Body Perambulator........Captions Please

MerryDown
29th May 2006, 13:03
Came across this vintage pram on Ebay, Afficionados please tell me this thing isnt an aircraft ?

Sadly it may well be, not that you would catch em anywhere near it running !

If anyone can add any history go ahead, Ive thrown out better looking buckets !

Or lets have a caption competition......................

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Scorpion-Too-Helicopter-Great-Restoration-Project_W0QQitemZ4643988316QQcategoryZ63680QQssPageNameZWDVW QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Merry

Arm out the window
30th May 2006, 01:39
I'm sure there's one of those out the front of our local supermarket - you put a dollar in and, sometimes, it'll bounce the kids around for about 30 seconds.

ascj
30th May 2006, 02:00
I remember reading about the scorpion in Janes aircraft recogintion book. There was also a single seater made. Anyone who remembers the movie 'Annie' may remember a yellow version of the type.

Gaseous
30th May 2006, 02:11
Rotorway Scorpion, Early 1970s, 600 odd kits produced.Dont know how many flew. Designed by BJ Schramm (?Spelling) who went on to design the Rotorway Exec series and finally killed himself in a homebuilt turbine, the Helicycle.

Dont bother bidding unless you are tired of living.

blave
30th May 2006, 03:55
Rotorway Scorpion, Early 1970s, 600 odd kits produced.Dont know how many flew. Designed by BJ Schramm (?Spelling) who went on to design the Rotorway Exec series and finally killed himself in a homebuilt turbine, the Helicycle.
Dont bother bidding unless you are tired of living.
Your post is at least a bit coldhearted. I am no great fan of the Rotorway stuff (mostly due to the tail rotor drive system of the current product), but the guy was passionately involved in helicopters for as long as I've been interested in them, which is a looong time (I bought the original Exec info kit back in the mid 80s).
There is no doubt that the auction in question is a bad idea, but give BJ a little more respect as a fellow aviator.
Dave Blevins

Codger
30th May 2006, 04:18
At least one flew. Saw it in Honduras about 15 years ago.

R22DRIVER
30th May 2006, 04:49
.... & then probably 'Crashed & Burned'!!! YEEHHAAA I love the smell of napalm in the morning!!!

O27PMR
30th May 2006, 08:48
:eek: WTF:eek:

EC Does It
30th May 2006, 10:42
"Hey honey, doncha think this is a cool car seat"?

(See 4x4 in background. Sorry. IŽll get my coat.....)

TheMonk
30th May 2006, 16:25
BJ survived his first crash in his Helicycle, to power line no less. His final crash was into a river IIRC.
The Helicycles http://www.helicycle.com/ are alive and well and looks to be very well designed. BJ was a great contributor to the helicopter community.
May he RIP...
Da
Monk