PDA

View Full Version : REDS GET DISPLAY THUMBS UP

Fg Off Bloggs
29th May 2006, 08:00
RAF News 26 May 06

The Red Arrows have been given their public display approval which means they are safe to perform to global audiences this summer. Authorisation was given by Air Marshal Barry Thornton, Commander-in-Chief Personnel and Training Command. Air Marshal Thornton had to assess whether the team's new display was both safe to fly and that the team was up to the right standard. "I am delighted to say that the team continue to maintain the absolute safety that we would expect from such a professional team" he said afterwards. "And today's standard of performance was exceptional for this stage of the programme - an excellent performance all the way round"

What the f:mad:k does he know about it?

OK! He has advisers. However, over! It is a very sad day when the RAF has to rely on an engineer to approve a flying display!

Bloggs

PS. From an ISS aspect, he needs to work on his English:= . The use of "team" and "performance" twice in the same sentence is poor and wouldn't merit even an Aircrew A!!

maxburner
29th May 2006, 08:49
I'm sure the Air Marshall will be crushed by your appraisal. However, I do see your point. What are we doing with engineers assessing flying operations?

ShyTorque
29th May 2006, 09:05
Perhaps he based his decision on their pre-flight walkround checks? :ok:

BellEndBob
29th May 2006, 09:09
It's an even sadder day when 1, 2 & 3 starred aircrew sanction something like JPA. What the fcuk do they know about admin?

Safeware
29th May 2006, 09:28
And making a claim of absolute safety!

sw

Could be the last?
29th May 2006, 16:13
What ever next - Bing Bong "JENGO for an outbrief"..........:=

Fox3snapshot
29th May 2006, 16:36
A new routine sounds promising though, I am assuming it is going to tighten up the off show time for the repositons etc...the down side to this is less time at the beer tent between passes, but always good for the ice cream lickers! :p

Good luck to the lads on the new season ahead, sorry GP will miss the RV in Abu Dhabi as I am caught up with a Grand Prix in Monaco!!! :E

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/Fox3snapshot/monacobabes.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/Fox3snapshot/monacobabes2.jpg

When I get my priorities a bit better sorted???? I will put my spotters kit on and get along for a looksy! :8

Flying Felix
29th May 2006, 17:49
How the hell can they get a thumbs up and be commended on a safe display when they can't even avoid a dirty great big ammo depot three times a day!;)

Letsby Avenue
29th May 2006, 18:29
Is this a good time to mention 'cellulite'? ;)

Fox3snapshot
29th May 2006, 18:35
Damn it...I am getting lypo!

Its not nice to get personal....:p

Flatus Veteranus
29th May 2006, 18:47
Good luck to the lads on the new season ahead

I read somewhere (probably in a scurrilous rag like The Times)that a lady would soon be leading the Reds. Are there any ladies in the team who might be in the frame for future leadership? Are the ladies pictured in this thread members of the team? That might tighten up the formation!

Zoom
29th May 2006, 21:53
Good old engineer puts safety before - well - flying. 'We'll keep them on the ground and they'll be even safer than last year.'

ShyTorque
29th May 2006, 22:18
The one in the cream skirt - it's Lenny Henry, isn't it? :ok:

Danny_Boy
29th May 2006, 23:27
What the f:mad:k does he know about it?

OK! He has advisers. However, over! It is a very sad day when the RAF has to rely on an engineer to approve a flying display!

And Sir Joe French knew all about fast jets when he was AMP? Just because he isn't a pilot does not mean that he isn't extremely good at his job or able to carry off 3(or even 4) star rank.

He is the man at the top, who's signature makes him responsible. The 3* did not personally go over JPA with a toothcomb, the SEngo does not personally go over each aircraft. With rank/appointment comes responsibility. All AM Thornton is doing is exercising his responsibility.

Fg Off Bloggs
30th May 2006, 06:17
Hook! Hook! Hook!

We got a bite!

Big Bear
30th May 2006, 06:55
Engineer? - surely his Airship is a GD, just like all of the others.

Bear

Kitbag
30th May 2006, 21:19
Hook! Hook! Hook!

We got a bite!

When the young Bloggsy is old enough to pretend there was some real fishing in prospect, then he can claim to get a bite. At the moment he seems to be trying to cover up a serious lack of respect for his senior officers. Shouldn't that be the remit of ORs? :ok:

J.A.F.O.
31st May 2006, 08:38
Because, of course, it matters what he says.

They've been practising for months, day after day, been videoed, briefed and debriefed up the ying yang. They're not going to turn up in front of Air Marshal whoever he is and make something up on the spot any more than he's going to tell them they're not up to it.