PDA

View Full Version : Air China Cargo, China Cargo Airlines and Dragonair to merge

clear.right
29th May 2006, 05:16
www.forbes.com/business/feeds/afx/2006/05/28/afx2777913.html (http://www.forbes.com/business/feeds/afx/2006/05/28/afx2777913.html)

Interesting development on the HK/China cargo front.

What do you think this means for Dragonair passenger operations?

Climb and maintain
29th May 2006, 05:20
BEIJING (AFX) - China's two largest cargo airlines - Air China Cargo Co and China Cargo Airlines Ltd - are set to merge before the end of September, with Hong Kong Dragon Airlines to join them later this year, the Economic Observer reported.

The newspaper quoted unidentified sources as saying that the move is aimed at forming a new entity with the potential to become a top five global cargo airline.

Currently around two thirds of the country's air cargo volume is handled by foreign carriers, said the report.

The new carrier, which will be formed on consolidation of the three airlines, will be based in Shanghai, the report added.

It is not yet known what Dragonair plans to do with its passenger business, according to the report.

Air China Cargo's shareholders are Air China, CITIC Pacific Ltd and China Capital Airport Holding Co, which hold 51 pct, 25 pct and 24 pct stakes, respectively.

China Cargo Airlines were established in 1998 by China Eastern and China Ocean Shipping (Group) Co (COSCO Group), with China Eastern holding a 70 pct stake and China Ocean Shipping holding the remaining 30 pct.

Air China subsidiary China National Aviation Co Ltd is Dragonair's biggest shareholder, with a 43.29 pct stake.

Captain Greaser
29th May 2006, 07:13
Is this the beggining of the end?

Pigsfly
29th May 2006, 10:51
Hmmmm!!
Capt Greaser, perhaps its more like the end of the beginning, I guess Dragonair Pax Ops will integrated into CX. Perhaps this is the rumoured change thats has simmered for the last 12 mths.

CAPT146
29th May 2006, 10:56
Capt Greaser, thank you for your insightful comments into the aviation industry. I will wait with baited breath for next morsel of knowledge.

D!ckhead.

Dan Winterland
30th May 2006, 08:10
Merger denied by all concerned according to today's SCMP.

Elroy Jettson
30th May 2006, 09:43
Must be true then! :ok:

Captain Greaser
30th May 2006, 20:58
This is not the end.It is not even the beginning of the end.It is perhaps the end of the beginning!

airamerica
30th May 2006, 22:33
''This is not the end.It is not even the beginning of the end.It is perhaps the end of the beginning!'' True.

Maybe CAPT146 thought that you were talking about the 146 itself,
hence his tension reaction to any kinda news.

CAPT146 matey grow up!

What else can CAPT146 stand for?

4PW's
2nd Jun 2006, 18:54
I'm sorry, but with a handle and an attitude like that, you must be an Australian, CAPT 146. No need to be so harsh. He was just making a comment. I have read that all is not well in the Harbour, at least not in the Dragon's lair. Is there more to the story than this, then? Interested, as I had an option on Dragonair once. Glad I didn't take it. Though there's no place like home, they certainly don't hate us here in Singapore.

ROO-C26B
3rd Jun 2006, 12:19
4PW's,

Please do tell your encounter with Dragonair as I am going for an interview next week.

Much appricated!

4PW's
3rd Jun 2006, 19:01
Love to, only my interview was five years ago.

Nonetheless, the first interview is a 'hi, who are you?' event in which you either look promising for a more serious second interview, or not.

I was invited to the second.

It was as well I studied aviation theory, particularly high speed/high altitude flight. That was an important and heavily emphasized component of the second interview.

Don't forget to look into the met books too. I sourced info on HKG weather from a website belonging to the HKG Met Department at the time.

Beyond that, I can only say good luck. You'll be ok. Just don't sweat it. They want to employ you. If you try too hard, like me, you may fail the second, like me.

But if you do, so be it.

It'll be their loss, not yours.

ROO-C26B
4th Jun 2006, 02:20
Thanks for the info much appreciated 4WP's