PDA

View Full Version : French Certificate

dboy
28th May 2006, 13:30
Hello,

In January i send a form to the DGAC (Direction Générale de l'Aviation Civile) to get a certificate which is equal to my JAA license. If you don't have this certificate you can not apply in France for a position.

Now i'm waiting almost 5 months for this "small paper". I would like to know if there is somebody out there who also had to wait this long??

grtz

Al380
28th May 2006, 13:52
It should only be a matter of weeks. However if you have passed an exam in a non JAA state (ie: US...) they will not issue you the paper.
You can always try to phone them.

dboy
28th May 2006, 13:58
Nope, i did my exam in Belgium.

blueplume
28th May 2006, 15:09
Tried the same thing a few years ago, was told that it would take about 6 months. This clearly is BS as everyone knows that the reason they do it is to keep jobs for the French. Having said that, all the French pilots that I work with say that they get shafted the same way by their own authority so maybe they're just incompetent. As I understand it there is only one person to deal with all these license applications. With long lunches thrown in it's not surprising that it takes months, if it happens at all. I had to turn down three offers because The DGAC couldn't pull finger out.
The only saving grace is that it's a free shafting but I guess that's little consolation.

dartagnan
29th May 2006, 09:43
got mine in 1 month from dgac(1year validation), only for single pilot operation

dboy
29th May 2006, 09:56
Well i send them an e-mail. I'm curious for their answer (if i get one).