PDA

View Full Version : Freighter 200 or 400 ???

LowDragLowNoise
28th May 2006, 10:26
Hi guys,I should be stating as DEFO on the freighter Europe based end of the year.I am not sure what my base preference would be.CDG or FRA...Could anyone help me with that.What about the 200 in FRA,is that any good?Is there a risk to be stuck on the classic and not being able to transfer to pax fleet???Any advice highly appreciated thanks

Loopdeloop
28th May 2006, 14:39
Rosters better on the 744 and a good chance you'll be stuck on the classic 'till the end if you go there, but that might not be such a bad thing and may not be too many years away anyway!

Glass Half Empty
28th May 2006, 20:58
Under the present COS you will join the freighter fleet for a set period (3 years from check out I think). If you end up on the Classic you will not be stuck on it as the Company will move you after the requisite period. If you are looking to move companies then perhaps the 400 is the best choice as there are always jobs for 400 FOs. If you want plenty of hands on flying then the Classic is a definite attraction. If you want early command and you are up to to it then the Classic is the way ahead, if you are not bothered and want to go to HKG then go for 400F based in CDG.

Hope that helps

2XL
29th May 2006, 07:09
Can you choose Classic or 400 ? If you chose CDG what are you most likely to fly ?

garfield747
29th May 2006, 14:42
Hi 2XL,

I'm starting the course in HKG next month, my first choice regarding the base was CDG.
I got the base and it's on the 747-400. :)

Regards

BusyB
29th May 2006, 15:29
If you end up on the Classic you will not be stuck on it as the Company will move you after the requisite period.

I suspect CX may change that and you'd see the Classic out.

Glass Half Empty
29th May 2006, 22:27
I believe that CDG is 400F only for direct entry FOs at the moment.

Loopdeloop
31st May 2006, 05:49
Pretty much everyone I know who joined via the classic route spent more than the requisite period on it at the company's behest. They do pay you bypass pay though which may or may not make up for the crap rosters, depending on the exchange rate at the time.

LowDragLowNoise
31st May 2006, 09:03
Thanks for info guys.Is there such a difference between classic and 400 roster??

Loopdeloop
31st May 2006, 13:12
Over a year you would probably average about an extra 5 days away per month on the classic as you normally nightstop in Dubai both ways and they're doing a lot of regional flying in Asia now too. -400 rosters also more stable due better serviceability.
Flying better on the Classic and also allowances, so long as you don't p!ss it up against the wall in Wan Chai!
I'd say they're both good jobs, lifestyle better on the -400, work better on the Classic.

fire wall
31st May 2006, 19:27
Guys leaving classic now after 3 yrs almost to the day

BusyB
1st Jun 2006, 00:08
"Guys leaving classic now after 3 yrs almost to the day"

So , what does that tell us for the future? NOTHING.

Believe what you want to.:ugh: