PDA

View Full Version : Error Checking - Selection Tests

james_Wales
27th May 2006, 12:32
Hi,

I have got my selection tests in a few weeks, have searched all of the previous threads on selection, and the SHL Group website, for examples of the error checking exercise.

The 'practice tests' section on the SHL site seems pretty difficult to navigate, and i can't seem to find any error checking examples.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?...even examples away from the SHL site would be great.

J.

WexCan
27th May 2006, 13:48
Got them myself on the 21st June.

See http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/radar2001/resources/ATCO1.htm

Only one example but gives you a good idea.

james_Wales
27th May 2006, 16:28
Hi Wexcan!

Many thanks for the link, i had a go at those, nothing to be too frightened by i guess!

Has anyone found anything with some more comprehensive examples? If you type 'error checking' into Google it brings up reams and reams of matches.....all to do with computer programming!

J.

WexCan
27th May 2006, 16:47
Try "number checking" and throw in aptitude etc etc

Or else even get a friend to do one based on the example.

How are your spatial reasoning skills? The dreaded flattened cubes... :)

james_Wales
27th May 2006, 19:50
I bought a book which i believed contained lots and lots of examples on the cubes...

However, i have now realised that all of the examples are for an already constructed cube, and then 4 possiblities for how the cube looks when it is flattened. When in actual fact, the NATS questions are the opposite! 4 possible constucted cubes, with the comparison needing to be made from 1 flattened cube.

I suppose i just need to work backwards with the examples in the book!

J.

Courtenay
28th May 2006, 01:03
cubes is what got me a few years ago... and I hope wont this time (11th July is my test date). Anyone got any suggestions to overcome this?

Cheers,

James.

flower
28th May 2006, 08:21
There are a number of posts on the ATC selection if you just do a quick search, check here it may have some more information for you.
Good Luck

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=208594

dbounford
28th May 2006, 14:31
I think the cubes is one of those things where you can either do it or you can't. Its a natural thing (like men reading maps :} )