PDA

View Full Version : New Tax system?

Almost_done
26th May 2006, 17:51
Oh, dear what will the next great thing the 'EU Think Tanks' (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/26052006/80-91/eu-considers-taxing-emails-smss.html) think of next for generating coffers? :hmm:

But if Brussels thinks of this now, how much behind the drag curve will Prudence Brown be to dip into this idea?:ugh:

SSOT
26th May 2006, 20:58
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm......................I believe I already pay 17.5% tax on the text messages I send. Another egregious little scam called VAT I believe!

Almost_done
26th May 2006, 22:15
Well be glad to think then you'll be paying the tax on your ermmmm tax then.

Hummingfrog
26th May 2006, 23:00
"Exchanges between countries have ballooned, so everyone would understand that the money to finance the EU should come from the benefits engendered by the EU," Lamassoure said

OK guys and gals list the benefits that have been engendered by the EU and suggest ways this tax on e-mails would be collected:E

HF

mlc
27th May 2006, 08:07
Well be glad to think then you'll be paying the tax on your ermmmm tax then.

Just as you do when buying petrol!!

maxburner
27th May 2006, 09:25
The benefits of joining the EEC? Well, let's see......

Nope, I give up. I'd vote for withdrawal now if a serious political party (remember those?) included it in their manifesto.

Undemocratic, bureaucratic, expensive, corrupt......any institution that could employ Mandelson must be crap.

OK, rant over. I have a dozen thirsty friends coming round to watch me cook on my gas (yeh, I know it's gay) Weber in the rain. I'd better get weaving and sweep the patio to remove the bottle caps and corks from last time.

airborne_artist
27th May 2006, 09:49
And we pay tax on our broadband connection. But how can they tax a message sent to my Gmail account (a .com, US regd co) from an address out of EU?

tablet_eraser
27th May 2006, 11:45
I'm pissed off that I indirectly fund the EU's bloated, inefficient, corrupt, anti-democratic, outdated, unfair, illogical, counterproductive, usurptive functions as it is.
What the EU conveniently forgets is that it is, first and foremost, a political organisation. Ordering me to pay tax to it directly is about as fair as asking me to pay tax to support the Labour party. If this levy goes ahead, how can we be sure that the EU won't start taxing us directly to support its vile fisheries policy? Or its absurd defence pretensions? Or its attempts to brainwash every child in Europe into thinking that the EU - and not their home nation - is something to be proud of?

dallas
27th May 2006, 12:23
OK guys and gals list the benefits that have been engendered by the EU

Well I did see some roadsigns saying the EU funded a road on the Isle of Skye, which struck me as very useful at the time I was using it.

I think a tax on e-mails would be very handy, especially if the military gets dicked to pay more because the usual dimwit signed our contract (see rented phone line contract for details). Immediately after the tax is introduced we'll magic up some kind of cost-saving measure similar to when some brightspark, shocked by the cost of people calling the MoD operator, just disabled most people's ability to dial it! - sheer brilliance!

I suggest an e-mail application process that takes 2-3 days and requires 4 signatures from around camp. Hopefully then most people just won't bother.

The benefit?

Look in your inbox at work...you'll see.