PDA

View Full Version : PATCO IS BACK!!!!

PATCO
25th May 2006, 02:11
AN AFFILIATE OF THE OFFICE & PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYEES INTERNATIONAL UNION, AFL-CIO, CLC

A brighter future for the Air Traffic Control Professional

The job of being an Air Traffic Controller is one of the most demanding and stressful professions in the world. Split second decisions compounded with an overwhelming workload are in the trusted hands of the ATC Professional whose job is to provide for the safe, orderly and expeditious flow of Air Traffic. Lives are at stake, and no matter how tense the situation may become, there is no margin for error.

The Professionals who work in the private towers around the nation are the backbone of the National Airspace System. They can be seen behind the glass in the Control Tower at almost every hometown airport in America. They perform their job above and beyond what is required of them, but excessively stressful conditions can result in burnout, which could lead to trouble in the skies.

These Professional Controllers in the private sector are required to meet and comply with the same exact high standards as their Federal counterpart, yet they are not compensated commensurate to the Federal sector controllers. The disgrace to the profession is that these highly skilled pros are underpaid, overworked, understaffed and ill equipped.

A brighter future for the Professional Air Traffic Controller is in order and long overdue. To accomplish this PATCO has affiliated with the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU), a proven labor organization chartered in 1945 with an outstanding record representing professionals in the aviation industry as well as others.

You are Professionals and deserve better, and it can start now, with PATCO.

Contact us at any of the numbers below to speak to one of our representatives or e-mail your home address to receive a packet.

Ron Taylor
President

5950 SE Taylor Drive · Stuart, Florida 34997 · (772) 283-3369 · E Mail: [email protected] ([email protected])
www.patco81.com (http://www.patco81.com/)

Vlad the Emailer
25th May 2006, 14:33
That takes me back! I knew a lot of the PATCO guys in Abu Dhabi in the eighties that were fired by Reagan - good guys, one and all! (....and whatever happened to Wild Bill?!)

furloughfodder
25th May 2006, 14:54
Reagan, another anti-labor Republican't. Just like the dolt we have now.

Vlad the Emailer
25th May 2006, 14:59
Reagan wasn't always anti-labour. A friend of mine called Tom Cardinal had a letter on his wall from "Senator" Ronald Reagan which said that Reagan would do anything he could to help PATCO against the evil FAA, if only they voted for him for President. Funny that!

Scott Voigt
25th May 2006, 20:41
Vlad;

He was never a Senator, he was the Gov. of California prior to running for President...

regards

Scott

Hold West
25th May 2006, 22:51
And president of SAG for awhile, too.

Vlad the Emailer
26th May 2006, 10:07
Yes, he was Governor of California, as well. But, believe me, I did see the letter signed "Senator Ronald Reagan", as Tom had it framed on his wall. However, far be it from me to argue about American politics! Anyway, I was always convinced that he didn't know his arse from his elbow and I never got an argument about that from any of the guys in PATCO!!