PDA

View Full Version : nitro helicopters are cool!

7balja01
25th May 2006, 01:49
do any of you real pilots carry on flying in your spare time? in other words who here flys RC, if any one?

I love rc helis. ive got an electric micro but im saving for a shuttle 30

Phoinix
25th May 2006, 05:13
I fly real planes in spare time :) And I built the RC helo, waiting for first flight, and than there are plastic models :}

oldbeefer
25th May 2006, 11:45
10,000 hrs real heli, but I'm damned if I can cope with the model one (45 powered Mosquito). This despite having being flying RC fixed wing for 40 years. Ok in the hover tail on, but lose the plot when flying circuits. Costs a fortune for spares!

Phoinix
25th May 2006, 12:14
Spares cost, yeah, imagine if you had to pay for real spares :}

I have a Mosquito too, sport and basic :suspect:

rotorspin
25th May 2006, 12:37
never tried nitro in my squirrel, thought the thing was Jet A1 only? :}

Dave_Jackson
25th May 2006, 18:06
For those who might enjoy building a model of tomorrow's rotorcraft; and then refining and developing the concept.

http://www.UniCopter.com/1508.html

Quick Release
26th May 2006, 17:34
yep, still into models, got a Freya 91 in a Bell222 body, still enjoy it after 20+ years. :ok:

R22DRIVER
27th May 2006, 03:58
Was well into my model helis before getting into the full size.

Had to sell all my gear when i left for the US :{

I used to fly and Mosquito and then a raptor. That raptor could do sooo much. How i never ripped the rotor head off i will never know!!

If you guys want to see what these machines can really do look here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/links/index.php?id=4852

Then scroll down to his videos at:-

2005 XFC Helicopter Winner, the winningest heli pilot in the world, Curtis Youngblood!

I found this video was awsome:

Sunday morning -- letting it all hang out!

try doing this in your bosses 407!!!

glyn thrash
27th May 2006, 13:05
i was a Century helicopter Rep for 2 years and that was the most stressfull time i have ever had. it was a blast though flying in all the events. i don't fly anymore, don't have the time. but i may some day...

here are 2 really great websites on RC heli's.
www. helifreak.com
www.runryder.com

helifreak has a GREAT vid section

IFMU
28th May 2006, 16:54
I learned R/C helis just after getting my PPL about 16 years ago. It was part of a personal plot of mine to do some test flying of a rotary wing UAV, and my plot even worked. My first R/C heli was an old Kyosho concept 30. I still have it. Got out of it for years, with marriage and kids there was no time. But I just got into indoor RC electric helis, still a boatload of fun and I can fly them in the basement after the wife & kids are asleep.

-- IFMU

7balja01
29th May 2006, 01:41
well thats interesting!
i didnt think you pilots had the time. i have all the time in the world but not the money! i can only dream of flying rc at the moment. hey IMFU you wouldnt puit a price on that kyosho would you?:}
ball.