PDA

View Full Version : JAA Schools in Ozzy

A330ismylittlebaby
24th May 2006, 18:50
Well hi folks i'm a noob here:p but been in love with planes forever, and i have been doing some flying but i need to decide where to do my ppl to save money..

USA is a no because the messy visas and all that so i thought why not australia, i could do the australian ppl but its probably going to work out the same as the u.k after i have converted itm will it not?

Any good schools to go to then, maybe even spain:p

Draven
24th May 2006, 19:45
Australia is a great place to fly, but don't forget that you wouldn't be saving much money on a PPL training costs, if you add your airline ticket costs, living expenses and so on... :ok:

WannaBeBiggles
24th May 2006, 19:59
Can;t comment on exactly how much you'd be saving, but I;;d recommend you look at www.johnstonaviation.com.au (http://www.johnstonaviation.com.au), a GREAT organisation and in (argueably) one of the most scenic and beautiful locations, plus your almost smack bang in the middle between Sydney and Brisbane so two tourist type places are not too far away.

Johnstons also have a nice student house where you will meet many likeminded individuals, it's quite cheap too, and saves you having to find your own ;)

Search these forums for them, have not seen one negative comment about them (Johnston Aviation or JAS) ;)

Hope this helps.

A330ismylittlebaby
24th May 2006, 20:55
Yeah i probably wont be saving much but hopefully breaking even,

I thought australia is more attractive because i can do a working holiday while flying and enjoying the weather and i have always wanted to go there.
thanks for the links aswell:)

anyone know how much a conversion from australian to uk ppl costs roughly?