PDA

View Full Version : To TIMTS

Revolutionary
24th May 2006, 15:39
TIMTS, will you let us know how you are faring with the BO105 down in St. Maarten? I'm curious to hear how it's working out. Have you got your training sorted? BTW, is this aircraft to replace the police R44? The old Robbie holds a somewhat special place in my heart; I ferried it down there from Florida way back when.

B Sousa
24th May 2006, 20:19
So St Maarten is getting a BO-105. Gotta be some coins in there for someone.
Good luck to them and hope they have a hanger. Keeps the bad guys from burning things up.
Good group of folks down that way and a well needed supplement to Law Enforcement.

murdock
25th May 2006, 01:26
Actually the BO 105 isnt replacing the police 44. At least not yet anyway. TIMTS has moved on from the police gig and working on other ventures and may hopefully take over the police gig down the line, since there are just a bunch of muppets running the police helicopter anywas.
Hope its going well for you man and hope to see you back down there in a few months.

Mr. Sousa - thanks again for your help, with trying to set me up with the people in Africa and back in the Caribbean. I have been doing pretty well up in Canada for the time being, getting some good experience being a bush/utility pilot. But I hope to get back down to the islands and over to Africa to work with your friends there sometime in the future. Hope life is treating you well! Steve.

B Sousa
25th May 2006, 04:44
Good to hear........Your better off in Canada anyway. Africa has too many problems one does not need for the money earned. Health concerns are the main ones..
If your doing utility work, your on your way, just remember to stuff the mattress with money for retirement. Many seem to forget that they someday may not be flying.
Good Luck.

Revolutionary
25th May 2006, 14:05
"there are just a bunch of muppets running the police helicopter"

Yes, yes, I remember quite well! In fact, the thought of that bunch operating a BO105 had me slightly worried!

TIMTS
25th May 2006, 19:58
As Murdock said, I have left the Police work behind and have moved to what hopefully will turn out to be a better job. I wouldn't fly a 105 operated by my previous company, no matter what pay I was promised.

As for the 105, still waiting for paperwork..lots of that involved..but its looking good.

There are some concerns about insurance, as although I have 2000hrs I only have 30hrs turbine.
So for you more experienced people out there...can I get insured with this experience?

Revolutionary
26th May 2006, 00:14
Ok, now my curiosity is really peaked. If you're not flying for the fine people at Speedycopter, are you still going to be based in St. Maarten? I kind of assumed from reading your previous posts that the helicopter was going to be used for medevac from Saba and St. Eustatius to St. Maarten. Ahhh, how I miss the Caribbean...