PDA

View Full Version : Time limits

boogie-nicey
24th May 2006, 10:47
I just wanted to know what the time limits spanning the ATPL exams are? Am I correct in assuming that you've got 18 months from passing the first exam in the series to completing all of them?

How does the Commercial and Instrument feature in all of this? Are there time limits imposed as to how quickly both of these have to be completed before the exams expire and you have to start from sratch again?

Thanks for any help:ok:

Flingingwings
24th May 2006, 11:09
Something similar along the lines you enquiry has been asked many times before and a thread search may reveal more.

I'm scratching the grey cells but from memory: you have 18 months after your first pass in any exam to complete the remainder. You then have 3 years from the end of the month of your last pass (ie ATPL theory bits completed) to complete your CPL and/or IR.

For full details re exams and validity of passes (as well as many other bits) I'd advise you invest in a copy of LASORs the CAA's book of rules/guide book for flight crew. You can either buy a copy from somewhere like Transair or alternatively I'm fairly sure you can download it for free off the CAA's website.

Don't have a direct link but a search on www.srg.caa.co.uk should point you in the right direction. Examination stuff is contained within Section J

Enjoy :E
FW

boogie-nicey
24th May 2006, 13:17
Thanks for that info FlyingWings.

I attempted to use the advanced search facility but everytime came up with other stuff which didn't quite answer my questions. I remember reading something similar to this in the past but when I tried to find it again I couldn't, yep I feel dufus :E

Cheers anyway and take care.....

potkettleblack
24th May 2006, 14:06
http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?categoryid=33&pagetype=65&applicationid=11&mode=detail&id=1591

Section J1.5 of Lasors - 18 months from date of their first sitting - NOT pass.