PDA

View Full Version : London to Munich in June - help!

davethelimey
23rd May 2006, 19:25
Afternoon all,

I've just been offered a very late pair of tickets to go to the Brazil/Australia game on the 18th of June.

I'm looking for a flight as we speak and was wondering if anyone knew of any budget airlines that fly from London to Munich that I've overlooked.

Ta muchly,

Dave.

TightSlot
23rd May 2006, 19:33
was wondering if anyone knew of any budget airlines that fly from London to Munich that I've overlooked.

Dave - can you tell us which ones you've looked at, so that we can then tell you those that you've overlooked? :E

BHX_SLF
23rd May 2006, 20:09
I can recommend Salzburg as an alternative airport if you are really stuck ...... Salzburg to Munich about 2 hours by (very reliable) train.
Salzburg airport to Train station fairly short bus/taxi ride. With Salzburg in Austria it may miss some searches with people looking at German alternative airports.
Ryanair from STN to SLZ is coming in at £134 inc taxes going out late 17th returning early 19th .........(at this moment in time !!!)
Just an idea ....... Hope you make it.

davethelimey
23rd May 2006, 22:05
Salzburg is a good idea indeed - thanks for that.

Airlines I've looked at so far only go so far as Easyjet, Ryanair, Air Berlin and German Wings.

slim_slag
24th May 2006, 05:35
Best way to do it is start with expedia and put munich in as destination. This will throw up plenty of fares, and you never know the legacy carriers might have some deals, sometimes they can be cheaper, just not often.

Then use the drop down on the left where you can change your destination airport, and it will give you a list of nearby airports. So munich shows Salzburg, Innsbruck and Nuremburg. Write down the codes.

Then go to travel jungle and put them all in one by one, and let that site do the hard work for you. Make sure you sort the travel jungle results by price, it doesn't do that automatically. Go to the airport web sites and find out how easy it is to get to Munich from the airport.

The work out total time/total cost from door to door and pick the one that works best for you.

TopBunk
24th May 2006, 06:26
DtL

'Budget' airlines aren't always cheaper than traditional airlines. If I were you, I'd at least check out BA and LH - you might be surprised. But then again if you don't want a full service airline just ignore them.

RevMan2
24th May 2006, 11:23
LH LHR-MUC £251 out 17 back 19