PDA

View Full Version : Hanger Fees

bencoulthard
23rd May 2006, 18:47
How much do you pay? What do you get for your money? Indoor or outdoor? and perks?

Please let me know to help my research

Thanks

Ben

Rod1
23rd May 2006, 19:02
I am midlands based

PFA 2 seat MCR01
Tarmac runaways
A/G radio
Good clubhouse
In a Hanger
Includes landing fees

£960 per year all in

AerBabe
23rd May 2006, 21:04
I get my hangers free from the local market.

Hangars, on the other hand, tend to be very expensive.

bencoulthard
23rd May 2006, 21:14
DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChampChump
23rd May 2006, 21:28
Do you want a nationwide survey or just a general idea of what you may be up against in the future?
Someone (well, it's me, now) will probably suggest that the average hanger is about £0.25 for plastic, which is good inside or out but has very little in the way of perks. Wooden ones are better but have maintenance issues outside....
Pedantry over.
I've paid £100 p.m. for a share in a hangar without doors on a farm strip and no facilities but the pleasure of being there with Good People and the chance to help with the livestock...
Currently I'm paying £130 for hangarage to include clubhouse facilities (kitchen, heat, telephone...) and at the hangar, hosepipe and electricity.
In places such as these, landing fees are included.
The SE is crowded, waiting lists are common at popular airfields and hangarage is generally more expensive than elsewhere. Generalisation over.
I hope that helps a little.

Edited to remove typo - and note Aerbabe got in first....

Dope
23rd May 2006, 22:37
I'm jumping those hoops at the moment - If you are looking in the SE join the queue! As for price 80 to 240 pcm - some of the smaller field are extending hangerage, ops sorry hangarage, tehe... A lot of luck involved - TIP if your a/c is high wing look for hangers, sorry hangars that have mainly low wings and vice versa.

spernkey
24th May 2006, 18:36
I have 1 space at my hangar on my strip - just £80.00 a month!! I am near huntingdon adj to A1.

Dope
24th May 2006, 21:48
Thanks SpernKey,
Thats the same as we pay at the moment - granted you are slightly easier to get to but just as distant. Thanks for the info, So another big HELP please for hangarage;
1. Temp South of Cambridge, East of Reading.
2. Perm South of London, East of Guildford.
3. 24' Trailer - pref covered.
Can anyone help?

Lister Noble
25th May 2006, 07:21
I have a large covered trailer that I may sell,I think it is 22 feet long but will check measurements and post later.
I use the trailer to transport racing cars,although it was designed to carry a fully inflated blimp type ballon!
Lister:)

Dope
25th May 2006, 08:29
Thanks LN
Sounds ideal, very interested PM me the details -If it looks suitable I could make a de-tour next week and have a look.

Lister Noble
25th May 2006, 09:16
Check your PM's
Lister:)

Sa341
27th May 2006, 19:05
In the London area we pay £450PCM which inlcudes them moving the heli out and in and fuelling as you require. You also have a ploace to eat, hot drinks etc.