PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Airlines-Cadet Pilot Sponsorship

MMEMatty
23rd May 2006, 14:04
Just had the nod from Atlantic, so i go down on Thursday (this Thursday!) for all the tests...

Anyone got any advice? Anyone else on here going?

First time i've ever done any of this, and theres little on here about the Atlantic Sponsorsip Schemes (at least that the search pulls up...)

Matt

scroggs
23rd May 2006, 18:30
What, this one (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=188007&highlight=Air+atlantique)? Note: it's Air Atlantique for the 'Fugly' sponsorship scheme, not Atlantic Airlines.

Scroggs

TenAndie
23rd May 2006, 18:52
wrong scroggs, its Atlantic Airlines this time, not Air Atlantique. Atlantic currently have 4 fuglys who are looking to move on to next stage, hence the new ones needed

hingey
23rd May 2006, 21:00
Yep, catching the train tomorrow to be there first thing on Thursday :ok:

Any idea how many people have applied, or will be there on Thursday? I'm guessing Atlantic will take on 2 cadets, as Atlantique normally do.

h

wasntme
23rd May 2006, 21:58
I did all the the testing for Atlantic Airlines and Air atlantique. Mcquaid tests were the norm. Please note that I'm not sure how you spell that test

I would also like to add just for info, especially for those who still don't know the difference between the 2 companies.

Atlantic airlines. fly Electras and recently ATP's lots and lots of cargo since emerald have gone under.

Air atlantique. ATR's, Cessna 402's, 404's Recon, etc, lots of Euro manx flying for emerald to liverpool since begining of may.

Best of luck with the tests

23rd May 2006, 22:15
and lots of cargo since emerald have gone under

You'd hope so seeing as tho that's ALL that Airlines do!

It doesn't take a huge amount of googling to work the difference out between the two companies.

ozzieausterdriver
23rd May 2006, 22:36
Yes definately expect a McQuaig test, also interviews and an assessment of your flying ability - usually the company will expect you to fly a visual circuit in the sim, also later on a flight assessment which will probably involve a couple of stalls, steep turns and a circuit.

Hope that helps - it is a while since I worked there but I dont think the format has changed much.

scroggs
24th May 2006, 07:38
wrong scroggs, its Atlantic Airlines this time, not Air Atlantique. Atlantic currently have 4 fuglys who are looking to move on to next stage, hence the new ones needed

I stand corrected! Bloody confusing, all this name-changing stuff. I wish they'd use just one for all of it!

Thanks for the clarification. :ok:

Scroggs

ZuluWhiskey
24th May 2006, 11:46
According to their website, Air Atlantique are selling a large portion of their fleet in order to "concentrate on core activities." Surely this will result in a reduction in the amount of fugly cadets being taken on. I find that a bit worrying having just applied.
Does anybody have any info info regarding this? What are they planning to concentrate on or is it company downsizing?
Cheers - ZW

hingey
24th May 2006, 13:12
ZW,

Applied to Atlantique last year, but wasn't actually eligible to apply, so my application was held fo the next selection which I was expecting to be around this time.

Got a phone call from them a couple weeks ago saying they wouldn't be taking cadets this year due to company issues... maybe their fleet reduction explains that. They then asked if I wanted to apply to Atlantic instead, so they sent me the forms.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

h

TenAndie
24th May 2006, 14:13
According to their website, Air Atlantique are selling a large portion of their fleet in order to "concentrate on core activities." Surely this will result in a reduction in the amount of fugly cadets being taken on. I find that a bit worrying having just applied.
Does anybody have any info info regarding this? What are they planning to concentrate on or is it company downsizing?
Cheers - ZW

THIS SPONSORSHIP IS ATLANTIC AIRLINES, NOT AIR ATLANTIQUE. THEY ARE TWO SEPERATE COMPANIES

:ugh:

MMEMatty
24th May 2006, 14:29
Hingey,

Same thing happened to me re atlanTIQUE/ atlanTIC, got the phone call. Putt app in. Hey presto, here i am!

Anyone staying at the 3 horseshoes? If so, i'll see you in the bar when i arrive in a couple of hours! (only for one or two mind :O )

Bring on Thursday!

Matt

geordiejet
24th May 2006, 21:02
I went to Highland Airways, and I'm told the recruitment procedures are identical. It starts with a little introduction to the group, followed by a presentation. Then half of you get a McQuaig test whilst the other half get their licences checked. Then you swap places.

If you pass the personality/quick thinking tests, you will be invited to a personal interview. They asked what I'm good at, what I'm bad at, and then asked me an array of questions based on what I said I was bad at :-(

Unfortunately, I didn't pass this stage :-(

MMEMatty
30th May 2006, 16:55
Anyone heard?

I got through to next stage (YAY!)
Anyone else going down? What day?
Any tips, hints etc?

Matt

hingey
30th May 2006, 18:53
Going up on Tuesday. Any heads up for what to expect in the sim assessment?

:ok:

h

hingey
12th Jun 2006, 14:49
OK, I'm through to the final interview on Thursday. Can anyone offer any advice as to what to expect? I understand it's no walk in the park!

Who else is going?

Cheers

h

TenAndie
13th Jun 2006, 19:41
Just be yourself. If they like you they will take you.

There is nothing horrendously stupid that your going to get asked, so nothing to worry about.

Good Luck !!!!

Heffer
14th Jun 2006, 00:03
Just be yourself. If they like you they will take you.
There is nothing horrendously stupid that your going to get asked, so nothing to worry about.
Good Luck !!!!

Like how many pistons does an Electra engine have?

MMEMatty
20th Jun 2006, 15:29
They think it's all over....IT IS NOW!

He's only gone and got a place on the sponsorship scheme hasn't he!

Look out coventry, Matty's coming!

:}

Matt

(this is the bit where he wakes up to find his housemate in the shower, and the last month or so has been a dream...)

RYR738_driver
20th Jun 2006, 22:53
Hi Matt, I live in Coventry and will be applying to this sponsorship scheme over the summer after completion of my A - Levels. If Possible, could you outline what you did, applying, tests wise etc.

Oh yeh, and congratulations

Amit