PDA

View Full Version : VS incident at Barbados - 15 May 2006

art23
22nd May 2006, 20:46
I was in the departure lounge at BGI on 15 May around 4.30pm local time waiting to board the BA to LGW - when ALL VS staff including captain went rushing towards check-in carrying First Aid gear, oxygen tanks etc....

Then there was an announcement that VS flight to LGW had been delayed and there would be an announcement at 5.30pm

Anyone know anything?

apaddyinuk
22nd May 2006, 21:02
Sounds like someone collapsed at the check in desk.

art23
22nd May 2006, 21:09
2 questions;

Would they delay a flight for 1 passenger?

Would the captain/FO run through the departure lounge carrying 2 bottles of o2 for a passenger?

Initial thoughts were CC illness?

art23
22nd May 2006, 21:19
I'd never seen them run so fast!

Initial thoughts are that its one of the CC - especially when I saw the Captain/FO bringing the oxygen back with a red jacket over his arm!

Just like a regular night on a stop-over eh??

6chimes
22nd May 2006, 22:08
Just like a regular night on a stop-over eh??

So are you concerned for the welfare and current state of the poor casualty.......................or just hunting gossip?

Bang Or West
23rd May 2006, 08:41
It was (very tragically) this:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/story.jsp?story=691719

hobie
23rd May 2006, 09:27
Would the captain/FO run through the departure lounge carrying 2 bottles of o2 for a passenger?

Yes !!!!!! .....

sebby
23rd May 2006, 09:58
Oh my god that is awful. I feel for the crew whom had to deal with that.

All the best to anyone involved.

Willit Run
23rd May 2006, 14:48
"2 questions;

Would they delay a flight for 1 passenger?

Initial thoughts were CC illness?"

Some airlines really do have compassion and care about their customers. So what if the flight is a little late!

XSBaggage
23rd May 2006, 17:35
Have dealt with similar situations with ill pax, and had colleagues who have been in attendance when the pax died. Very distressing situation for all concerned. I am impressed that the flight and cabin crew would lend their assistance in such a way, given that the airport probably also had medical staff available. Would like to think it is a common thing, and everyone would help out if they had the chance. Very sad story all round.

XSB

lexxity
23rd May 2006, 18:06
That is so very, very sad my deepest condolences to the family and the gentlemans new wife.

View From The Ground
23rd May 2006, 18:16
Well done to the VS crew who seem to know what is important in life...hopefully Mr B will get to hear about this and extend his thanks for their dedication. Condolences to the family concerned.