PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Airlines

andi1234
2nd Mar 2006, 18:04
Just looking at the Air Atlantic recon website - has anyone gone applied? do you reckon send an app off by post or just go in there?

any advice would be great,

cheers

andy

Tonka Toy
3rd Mar 2006, 13:34
Andi,
Recon don't do shrinking violets so go in armed and say hello. They don't bite, but don't suffer gladly. Down to earth initiative based go getters is what is required! Good luck!

FougaMagister
3rd Mar 2006, 13:40
However, they usually take a large proportion of their pilots from the ranks of the Fuglies... sorry, the Air Atlantique cadets! Of course, if you happen to have a Reims-Cessna F406 type rating, that might help...

Cheers :cool:

P.S.: it's Atlantic Reconnaissance, NOT Air Atlantic recon!

Tonka Toy
3rd Mar 2006, 19:48
Once you're in you can call it Recon. Big split on crew backgrounds at moment, so worth ago. Personnal contacts are always handy.:)

andi1234
3rd Mar 2006, 20:19
tonka toy - checkyou pm's :ok:

cheers

andy

Island Hopper
22nd May 2006, 20:37
Have heard that Atlantic Airlines are looking for recruits on the Electra. I've done a search on this site for information about working for them, but got fairly little back.

I understand that the training bond is for 3 years, but I don't know how many £££'s you are bonded for.
If anyone has this and other information about their recruitment and in particular their working conditions I'd appreciate your comments.

PM me if you prefer.

Thanks,
IH

flying log
22nd May 2006, 21:21
They bond for £42000 for 3 years, not reducing. Expensive because training is done on the aircraft and after spending that much money on you they want a minimum of that time.
FL

hingey
22nd May 2006, 21:28
Anyone else heard back from them regarding their sponsorship?

h

wasntme
22nd May 2006, 21:40
Flying log,

When you say the training is done on the actual aircraft you can't mean the initial TR aswell. Can you?

What about the sim in the states. I was very close to working for them until i accepted another position. At least 5 guys I know of went to the sim in the states to train.

I'm bonded on the dash 8 for 2 years at a cost of £12000, £42000 seems a hell of a lot.

Be interested to hear if things have changed recently, especially since they got the ATP's.

chutneyferret
22nd May 2006, 22:04
once upon a time there wern't simulators to do type ratings on.......

Island Hopper
22nd May 2006, 22:17
Good point Chutney, yet £42,000 does nevertheless sound like a staggering amount of money for a type rating.
How many hours is it?

...And if anyone has any info on what it's like working for the company, t'would be great!

IH

Heffer
22nd May 2006, 23:20
Assuming you have circ. 1000 hours with your instructional background, then 18 months RHS and a command :D

If its a genuine bond i.e. no salary deduction, then who gives a monkey as to its paper value? :rolleyes:

Get your cv in :ok:

smith
23rd May 2006, 05:26
What kind of work do they do with the Electra? Is it kept busy?

flying log
23rd May 2006, 10:14
wasntme -
I don't know the exact training details as I've not done it but that was the figure quoted to me last year at interview with them. I was offered another position before stage 2 so got no further than the assessment and initial interview.
It also seems an awful lot of money to me, but if not for the other job I'd have done it if it had been offered, very valuable experience methinks
FL

Fair_Weather_Flyer
23rd May 2006, 10:25
With the demise of Emerald I can't imagine that Atlantic are going to find it hard to recruit experienced night freight pilots.